It appears Photobucket is back...

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 03 June 2018, 08:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

As spotted by PaulR, Photobucket appears to be letting us see photos again,
Great news.
Until I look at some of my old photos...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

;D ;D ;D

It was Martin1914 using one of my old pictures that made me check :)

I won't be going back to them; once bitten, twice shy >:(
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Too late she cried, I've copied and wiped out my account, won't go back  :P :P

Techno

04 June 2018, 07:19:10 AM #4 Last Edit: 04 June 2018, 07:22:49 AM by Techno
What .....and they're not trying to make us pay for it ??

Cheers - Astounded of Wales.

That means I'm going to have to remember how to use it.....what I used to sign in as.....and what my s*dding password is !

Leman

I most certainly will not be returning as I have now started afresh with flickr. It offers 1TB of free posting, and as I have so far used less than 1% it will undoubtedly see me out (unless, of course, they start messing around). I don't know why all photos can't be posted the way faceache does it, ie  you click on add photo, your photos come up, choose the one you want, it appears on faceache - no messing around with URLs (whatever they are).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It has just allowed me to find out which British ships are in my WW2 collection! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 04 June 2018, 08:47:08 AM
I don't know why all photos can't be posted the way faceache does it, ie  you click on add photo, your photos come up, choose the one you want, it appears on faceache - no messing around with URLs (whatever they are).

"Faceache" then store (and probably analyse) a copy of your image. Which is fine for an organisation with massive server farms paid for by mass advertising. Less of an option for sites run on a shoestring and sustained by payment for, as an example, tiny lead figures. Storage is cheaper than it once was but it's still a cost.

URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the web's equivalent of a postal address but for digital content rather than buildings.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data