A tree is for life not just for Christmas

Started by Wulf, 30 May 2018, 11:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Trees. 10mm scale trees to be more precise. So, somewhere between 3 & 10cm tall (a bit small for reality but looks good on the table).

Now, I'm fine with deciduous trees. I have all sorts of sources for those ranging from the acceptable to the pretty damn good. I don't make my own, mind you, I just buy them & base them. I have a load of Minibits deciduous trees that don't seem to be available any more that look great.

But conifers... I don't like the look of most of the conifers I see for offer on eBay for model railway use. They look either plastic or bog brush....

Anyone have suggestions for a good brand or source of good looking conifers/fir trees around 3-10cm in height?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I use Timecast ones (German major manufacturing company that I cannot remember the name of) after a few months in the box they get battered enough to look real!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Glorfindel

I saw this spectacular table by Per Broden and asked him where the trees came

https://rollaone.com/2017/08/01/towards-moscow-trilogy-tmt-the-joy-of-six-2017/

Per had been asked several times about the trees and has included a note at the
very bottom of the above post.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Wulf

The Timecast ones are Gaugemaster, they're on eBay, but the Busch ones on those huge tables in the link are also on eBay. Good, they look much better than I thought 'live'. That'll do nicely, thanks gents.