10 mm Sci-Fi Officer sculpt

Started by FratmanBootcake, 28 May 2018, 06:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FratmanBootcake

Hello all,

I thought I'd get back into sculpting having attempted it a few years ago.

I made a 10 mm sci-fi officer. He's pointing and wielding a pistol. He has a helmet with visor - mostly so I can avoid faces. I'm practicing them but it's slow going.

Any tips? Photos below.

http://imgur.com/a/Kvu8eXO

d_Guy

I think it is well done and I'm impressed by anyone who can do this sort of thing.
As to suggestions. To my eye the left forearm seems just a tad too long for the proportions of rest of the figure.  :-\

I will enjoy seeing more of your work.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Really good work, that man !  :)

First tip I'd suggest is alter the proportions of green stuff, when you're mixing it.
If you use more blue, than you have done there, you'll end up with a 'stiffer' putty.
When you press lines into the stiffer putty, they're easier to make 'sharp'.

Faces ARE difficult to start with....especially at this scale.
If I can learn how to post photos again....I'll try and do some stage by stage piccies......But basically, you have to learn how to put on minute pieces of putty, which does require a very delicate touch.

Cheers - Phil

Womble67

Looks really good

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Looks excellent to me and far beats anything I could ever do! I am willing to try and convert anything, but from scratch sculpting - no, I'll leave that to better skilled hands than mine.

Well done!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams