Schutztruppe for East Africa Range

Started by huascar, 26 May 2018, 05:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huascar

Can I ask please ask for Schutztruppe German officers and Infantry for the East Africa range. I have a lot of the East Africa range but the lack of any Schutztruppe seems a pretty big whole in the range. I am starting an East Africa project using the new GEG 1914 rules so I thought I would ask.

Regards
Peter W

Leman

Somebody more knowledgable than me can probably suggest a proxy. Would Boer War yeomanry work, or WWI Australians?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Leman on 26 May 2018, 07:44:00 PM
Somebody more knowledgable than me can probably suggest a proxy. Would Boer War yeomanry work, or WWI Australians?

It's all a matter of which side they dress.... their hat

Actually schutztruppe could then be used to proxy for Dutch KNIL  :D

GrumpyOldMan

huascar

The Australian figures are modeled with the slouch hat brim down (which is how they were worn when in action) but I have not found a good way to bend the brim up so it looks decent.
Peter W

Leman

Anybody out there got a photo of the Boer War British figures wearing the slouch hat? I'm sure the brim is turned up - though not sure on which side. I'm also sure that German schutztruppe also wore the sun helmet.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Leman on 27 May 2018, 09:12:48 AM
Anybody out there got a photo of the Boer War British figures wearing the slouch hat? I'm sure the brim is turned up - though not sure on which side. I'm also sure that German schutztruppe also wore the sun helmet.

Hello Leman

Photo available from https://www.flickr.com/photos/pendraken/5609861489/in/photostream/, kneeling figure with the slouch hat, alas, turned up on the sinister

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan (who has looked for KNIL a long time)

Leman

Well I suppose in some ways a war-game is a mirror image of reality.

noel zaal

Photos of EA Schutztruppe show them mostly in Sunhelmet - and looks more like the British Boer war sunhelmet.  So I have used Boer war Brits as EA Schutztruppe. 
Regards
Noel