2018 Nashville Leg of the GBnUIT HOTT International Tournament Scheduled

Started by Terry37, 20 May 2018, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

I am happy to announce that the 2018 Nashville area 2018 GBnUIT HOTT Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, October 27th, and will be held in the Truxton Building in the Belle Mead area of Nashville starting at noon.

This years theme is Land of Giants with a theme army being required to have at least one Behemoth element.  Theme armies are not required to join in, and loaner armies can be made available. As written HOTT rules apply for this leg.

There are ten other Legs of the tournament being played around the world, and when I have  a little more time I will list those locations and the Leg Coordinators who run each Leg.

The Bakewell Leg will be held Saturday, September 22nd. Simon Wilson is the Leg Coordinator for that one.

Of special news for this year, d"Guy is planning to drive over to take part this year, which makes it an even more exciting event for me. Bill is new to HOTT, but I assure you by the time he leaves to return home he will be an expert!

Stay tuned for more info to follow re this international event.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Looking forward to it, Terry, and thanks for the lone of an army!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Terry37

QuoteI can co-ordinate my own legs thank you

Orcs, I would be very happy to have you Coordinate a Leg of the GBnUIT. Just let me know and I'll give you the requirements and details.

Bill, the whole team is looking forward to meeting you. I hope to apply the clear coats to you Horde element tomorrow and then do the bases for them and Lord Brookes. Regardless, you'll be all set to go come the tournament.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

d_Guy

Thanks again, Terry. Hard to go wrong with orange and purple uniform coats.  :)

Terry37

I couldn't agree more, although I tend toward orange and light, bright green as there is just something so colorful.

Terry

Terry37

In one weeks time the Nashville Leg of the GBnUIT will be in he history books, and I am sure your children's children will be reading about it in their history books! And if not, I suspect they should!

It is being held at the Belle Mead office building, 2nd floor at noon. Loaner armies will be available. Theme - Land of Giants, requiring a theme army to include at least one Behemoth. Theme armies are not required.

Terry

d_Guy

Finished packing. Pike blocks as behemoths will be interesting (if only they could fly as well). Catch you on the flip!

Terry37

Terry37

The 2018 Nashville Leg of the GBnUIT Tournament is now history and as always, the history seems to be written by the victor.... well, sort of, as I didn't play, but thought it was such a great afternoon that I feel like the victor! Due to more demanding needs, several players had to drop out but we still had the minimum number of four to hold the tournament, and there were some great games being played. I was enjoying watching them and seeing some great armies battling it out.

The players this year were:

Bill Linhart – Parliamentarian ECW
David Crenshaw – Samurai
Ed Dillon – Arthurian Picts
Dave Cliffel – Wood Elves and Ents

It was a delight to have Bill join in this year as he drove over from Kaiser, West Virginia to take part. The tournament was only Bill's third HOTT game.

The first round had Bill squaring off against Dave, and David battling against Ed.

Round two had Ed playing Dave and Bill playing David.

The final round pitted Ed against Bill and Dave against David.

This year's theme was "Land of Giants" and there were seven Behemoths played in the four armies.

There were some really exciting combats to watch, and more than once I heard the groans of ones being rolled!

After the dust had settled, and the troops attended to, the rankings were calculated.

Dave Ciffel – 1st
Ed Dillon – 2nd
David Crensahw  - 3rd
Bill Linhart – Tail End Charlie

Congratulations Dave and to all of the players!

I would not say that Bill played poorly, but as I am only to familiar with, when it came to critical die rolls, the unforgiving "One" kept turning up. I think he rolled five or six in a row.  David and Ed were competing for second place hot and heavy and the place was definitely up for grabs, but poor David suffered a major defeat giving Ed second place. Some really fun games to watch. Guys, all I can say is there's always next year!

I really appreciate everyone turning up and participating in one of the most enjoyable GBnUIT Tournaments I've been witness to.

There are a few more Legs to play yet and then we'll wrap up this year's tournament with the voting for best Theme Army and Stronghold. In the Nashville Leg David Crenshaw took honors in both categories with his beautiful Samurai army.

Stay tuned for more updates on this year's tournament, and hope to see you all at next year's event!

Terry

Westmarcher

Great photos, Terry!  :-bd

Aw, Bill! I was hoping you were going to be the dark horse that would win it! Never mind, it was your first time (and second, third & fourth HOTT games?). Better luck next year!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

It was awesome, playing humans! Had fun - and truthfully (Terry can verify) I set some sort of record for rolling ones. In one horrible stretch I rolled seven in a row. I was already in deep trouble knowing little and lacking brain power, but the dice spirits were without mercy.

Terry and his crew down there treated me as visiting royalty (except during the games). I can not say enough about Terry and his wife's graciousness, even the bunnies were welcoming (OK one hid under a bed the entire time but she exuded good vibes).

I just got in from a 674 mile drive, eleven hour drive. I was very fortunately with the weather!

paulr

Great to hear a good time was had by all :)

That's a substantial drive, over half the length of New Zealand :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!