A campaign idea

Started by Sandinista, 17 May 2018, 07:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

A chance to issue ambiguous and often contradictory orders to the army, while stabbing allies in the back? Sure, I'm still in.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Many years ago, when my kids were 7ish, I had the idea of a kriegspiel type game.  I would adjudicate orders, but basically its all about keeping the emperor happy while advancing your own cause.

It was set in a 18th cent imagina-nation, wherein the ruler had ascended the throne at 6. Thus decisions of the Emperor would REALLY be made by a small kid
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Sandinista

Can those who are interested send me a personal message with their email address and any preference of nation, plus a note saying if you are generally a rash, cautious or whatever type of player. There may be a second tier of command for the larger nations, so say if you are happy to be a subordinate as well.

I will aim to get details out to people by the end of May.

Cheers
Ian

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Sandinista

I have 8 players so far, if any others are interested just send me a personal message before Monday, with your email address and any preference of nation, plus a note saying if you are generally a rash, cautious or whatever type of player.

Cheers
Ian

Sunray

First, not my period,  But.....I LOVE the idea and wouldn't it make great copy on the Forum if it was played out with the members taking up their roles, and a bit of eye candy as the  orders are translated into battle moves on a New Zealand table !  Room for all sorts of genuine misinterperation of orders etc, reflecting 17th century communications. Or a player goes sick/pressure of work, and new lines of communication need to be forged with that Kingdom?  Perhaps each player should nominate a reserve who can deputise ?

Yes, the first (?) Pendraken Forum role play on this scale would be a "lotta" fun.  :-bd  .  Could well become a regular Pendraken feature.  Leon could open a book on battle outcomes ... X_X

I shall watch it unfold with supportive interest.  Make it so.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

You've probably got enough volunteers already, Ian....

But I'll join in if you need 'extras'.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bugger, I'm enjoying this immensely already, and the action hasn't even started yet. I'm going to need more units (for my own collection, purely for research you understand)!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!