Some rules help for BKC2!

Started by gizmok24, 11 May 2018, 06:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizmok24

11 May 2018, 06:39:27 PM Last Edit: 11 May 2018, 06:55:57 PM by gizmok24
Hi all been playing BKC2 for abit now and i'm a little confused on two rules so would really appreciate any help. First one is for support units how do they work differently to a normal unit so say you take a 2pdr ATG for the early war Brits whats the difference in taking it as support or normally? And the Second thing is ARTY so if you take a FAO and take say 25pdr off board does that take from the asset list for the brits as they can take only 2x HE asset or is that for just scheduled ARTY? and can you call in the off board you bought as much as you want with your FAO? thanks in advance for any help with this :)

fred.

Its been a while since I played but as far as I remember:

Support vs Normal choice - no in game difference. Not even sure there is a difference in list building.

If you buy an artillery unit, then you can call it in each turn with the FO.

Assets are just for scheduled strikes.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Regarding support:

Hou have a set number of anti tank units available. Normally 1 per 1000 points. So if you need more anti tank you can take them as support.

gizmok24

In the case of the assets being for the scheduled so do you still have to buy and art to fire them? say a 25pdr or?

Steve J

Right, my thoughts below:

Support Units - these are Battalion level units. So in your case, the Brits have access to 1 x 25mm ATG for the Battalion.

Anti-Tank Units - these are Regimental/Brigade level supports that can be sent 'down' to the Battalion as it were. Again in the case of the Brits, they have access to 25mm or 2pdrs.

HE Assets - So you have an off board Field Artillery Unit in the form of a 25 pdr Battery. You can by up to 2 HE Assets that allow you up to to 2 Turns of scheduled support. If you have an FAO, you can attempt to call in an artillery strike each Turn, as long as it is not the same Turn as scheduled support is due.

I hope this makes sense?

Shedman

I agree with Steve

furthermore Support units can not assault although they can support

gizmok24

Thanks so much everyone for all the help :) it really cleared things up for me.