Noisseville 1870 FPW

Started by kipt, 09 May 2018, 03:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kipt

Back in January we fought Noisseville from Bruce Weigel's "1871" rule book, using my adaptation of "Snappy Nappy".  In it he gives a reduced option which we picked.  We played on a 4' x 6' table at the Danville, CA Veterans Center.  We did have several vets observe, including a general and a couple of colonels.

The reduced version has 5 French divisions with their artillery and the IV Corps artillery Reserve.  The Prussians have 5 brigades of infantry and a brigade of cavalry.  the French need to take 3 out of the 4 objectives (Failly, Servigny,Noisseville or Flanville - which was changed to the bridge near Montoy).  Five turns and they took 2 of the three - close combat.

In any event, here are some pictures taken by one of the players - no captions as I normally would do, but since Photobucket went mercenary I haven't uploaded any of my pictures.  I have 3 or 4 other fights over the past year.  Someday i will get to them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8673130@N06/albums/72157666688966667

d_Guy

Nice collection pics, Kipt. I liked that the tabletop wasn't over-crowded with figures, giving plenty of maneuver room. Also like the way you did your field and earthworks/hedges.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Good stuff !

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Great looking game, but I was left wondering which side had access to the Flying Tigers air support ;) :D?

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Good looking game! Wonder what the vets' thoughts were. Also quite like the green striped patches of vegetation - presumably these are vineyards? I recently had to represent vineyards in a SYW game and all I could do was cut up a dish washing scouring pad and place the strips on one of the hills!  :-[ Seemed to do the job but I like yours much better!  :-bd

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ben Waterhouse

Lovely report, like the sharp bright paint jobs.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Womble67

Lovely looking table

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Excellent looking game and the vineyards are very effective.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Terry37

Nice looking game! Also a favorite period for me. I prefer the Republic years as there is so much more uniform variation that lets you not have quite so much red and blue on the French side.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

kipt

The vineyards are made with a modeling "grass" that comes in a sheet about 9" x 7".  One I have is called "Tear and plant: Summer Meadow" but I don't remember who makes it.  It has a sticky side when peeled off.  I cut strips and glued it to felt with a flexible glue.

We have done a Republican fight; Battle on the Hallue, with the French Armee du Nord against the VIII Korps plus some cavalry.  French defending the river line which they did successfully.  I have pictures but not uploaded for that.

I currently have painted the 15th, 22nd and 23rd French corps and am halfway through the 16th, with the 17th waiting in the wings.  I may do the 18th but don't plan to get the rest of them done.  I have all the Prussian units except for the 2nd (almost done) and 4th Landwehr.  And of course all the French Imperial units.

Leman

Bruce Weigle's scenario for Villers-Brettoneux in the 1871 book looks an interesting one, featuring marines and a train.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

kipt

We will probably get there. I have the marines and track and cars but no engine ( yet).