Super fast delivery !

Started by Glorfindel, 04 May 2018, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 07 May 2018, 07:09:49 AM
Have you let a secret slip there?  Is this how you are able to offer slight mix variations, like when you said you could amend the number of command in cavalry packs?  I'm assuming the spares are to make up numbers if some are miscast. I don't want to take advantage, I know margins are tight, but obviously packaging doesn't always match desired basing.

I don't think it's a secret, I'm sure I've mentioned it on here before.  The moulds all contain a few more figures than a pack contains, so that we've got spares in case of miscasts.  Something like the SYW codes would have about 30 foot figures and 6 command figures, so that we've got a spare set of command if any of them miscast.  When it comes to custom orders, some are easier than others.  If you need 32 figures in your pack, it's not that difficult to supply 2 more from the same mould.  But if you want 3 command sets in your pack, then we need to spin it again to get enough.  And if you just want 20 Prussian foot officers, then it's 10 spins and about 30-40 minutes of work!

Quote from: fsn on 07 May 2018, 08:17:03 AM
Could you do me a favour? Instead of "Casting Bible", could you call it a "grimoire"? It also needs to be written on parchment - sheep if you want, but other mammals are available - with lots of drawings done with quill and oak-gall ink. Leather bound, of course.

I'll see what I can do...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

I'm all in favour of the 'grimoire', with just one teeny tiny adjustment in material.

Google says its about 2h30 from you to Runcorn...
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

If you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, then I can think of no greater honour!   :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!