Super fast delivery !

Started by Glorfindel, 04 May 2018, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glorfindel

I just wanted to record my thanks for an amazing delivery service.

I ordered several packs on 1st May and they have just arrived
this morning (4th May).   Fantastic stuff.

The recent emphasis put on speeding up delivery is definitely
working so a big thank you.

Phil

Terry37

Yep Phil.

It's not hard to find praise for Leon and crew. I too marvel at the super high quality of service  they provide. They are above first class in my book!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Agreed.
Ordered 450 figures on Sunday 30 April, arrived Friday 4 May. You know, with that 10 day estimate Pendraken give.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

One hopes that this speed is due to increased efficiency (i.e. the Dark Lord has bought a bigger whip) rather than there being so few orders that the packing dwarves are sat around playing cribbage and fighting over the scarce tasks that punctuate their work day.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

I seem to recall from another thread that there are more casting dwarves

If my recollection of who does the packing is correct FSN owes M'Lady an abject apology
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Thanks for the post, good to hear they arrived quickly.  It's nice at this end to be getting things out quicker now, but we've still got a lot to do.  The new casting guys are slowly getting trained on more ranges but there's still some areas which they're not able to do (mainly 20th century stuff and WWII specifically).  Orders for those ranges will still take a little longer for the timebeing.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

06 May 2018, 07:28:53 AM #7 Last Edit: 06 May 2018, 07:30:43 AM by fsn
Quote from: paulr on 05 May 2018, 10:33:46 PM
If my recollection of who does the packing is correct FSN owes M'Lady an abject apology
I don't think Milady sullies her exquisite fingers with those very long, pointed and steel tipped fingernails, on manual labour. Surely she spends her days reclining on plumped cushions eating grapes and small birds.

Quote from: Leon on 06 May 2018, 02:06:15 AM
The new casting guys are slowly getting trained on more ranges but there's still some areas which they're not able to do (mainly 20th century stuff and WWII specifically).  Orders for those ranges will still take a little longer for the timebeing.
Now that's interesting. From the outside one assumes that casting is casting - unless you mean vehicle? 

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

howayman

Is there a settee with that casting? 

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 06 May 2018, 07:28:53 AM
Now that's interesting. From the outside one assumes that casting is casting - unless you mean vehicle? 

Generally casting is casting, although certain moulds and figures will have their own 'personality' and need a slight change in the way you use them.  The training issue is more due to the size and scope of our ranges now and slowly bringing the new guys up to speed on them all.  Some ranges are easy, anything that's purely 30 foot / 15 cavalry is self-explanatory really, the mould contains 35-ish foot figures so clip off 30 of them.  But when you get into things like artillery it can get trickier.  The crew would be in one mould and the guns in another, so they need to know which moulds they're using for each code.  We're slowly building up a 'Casting Bible' as well, with the codes, contents and pictures listed so that the guys can refer to those if they're ever unsure. 

With the 20th C. ranges, sadly the moulds aren't organised as well as they could be, so the artillery pieces would be in one mould and the crew in another.  In some cases a vehicle hull will be in one mould and then the turret in another, so there's a lot more going on.  Currently Dave's the only one who really knows where everything is so we leave the WWII casting to him.  We've got one of the guys trained on SCW and Vietnam/Indo-China, and now learning WWI, so we're making progress.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

Quotethe mould contains 35-ish foot figures so clip off 30 of them.

Have you let a secret slip there?  Is this how you are able to offer slight mix variations, like when you said you could amend the number of command in cavalry packs?  I'm assuming the spares are to make up numbers if some are miscast. I don't want to take advantage, I know margins are tight, but obviously packaging doesn't always match desired basing.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Interesting stuff, Leon. Always an education.

Could you do me a favour? Instead of "Casting Bible", could you call it a "grimoire"? It also needs to be written on parchment - sheep if you want, but other mammals are available - with lots of drawings done with quill and oak-gall ink. Leather bound, of course.

Last Hussar

Nurse, he's out of bed again.

GNU PTerry

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I've got his special jacket ...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 07 May 2018, 08:17:03 AM
Interesting stuff, Leon. Always an education.

Could you do me a favour? Instead of "Casting Bible", could you call it a "grimoire"? It also needs to be written on parchment - sheep if you want, but other mammals are available - with lots of drawings done with quill and oak-gall ink. Leather bound, of course.

Bound in the skin of the Dark Lord's rival's?

Or perhaps in the skin of the casting dwarf slowest to learn the caster's art? "Pour encourager les autres," n'est pas? :D :D :D

Seriously though, fascinating insights into the processes by which our little metal friends are created!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data