Started by Speirs101, 30 April 2018, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Speirs101

30 April 2023, 08:13:29 AM #226 Last Edit: 30 April 2023, 08:25:25 AM by Speirs101
With the release of Warlords new Epic battles pike and Shotte range I faced a dilemma, start a new ECW project or finish my 10mm project
The starter box push of pike was not too far off what I had in 10mm, so I decided rather than start again to finish what I had started by getting it to the level of the Push of pike starter box and then using the rules from push of pike as they have modified the pike and shotte rules for a smaller scale
So i needed for each faction; 7 regiments of pike and shotte, 1 commanded shotte, a regiment of dragoons, 3 regiments of cavalry and 3 medium and light cannons. I also needed a single regiment of cuirassiers.
First step was to get both factions up to 6 pike and shotte each, for 2 Battalia a side, i think I will end up with 9 for 3 Battalia. So I needed 4 more Parlimentarian and 2 more Royalist regiments.
My Royalist regiments I decided to add a splash of colour so I have a yellow and purple coated regiment, my Parlimentarians are in New Model Army red coats

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are beautiful
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

mmcv

ingw0

These look smashing, my good fellow; I'm currently working on a bit of a pike & shotte project myself, and if mine turn out even half as good as yours, I'll be a happy man! Nice work!
Current projects include:
Age of Steam Danish; Arthurians; ECW regiment of foote; Great War British; Middle Earth in 10mm; Napoleonic Austrians & Bavarians; Ratsburg pike and shotte; WW2 Defenders of France; WW2 8th Army

Speirs101

Thank you Gentlemen for your kind comments, next up we have 3 regiments of commanded shotte, 2 Royalist and 1 NMA.
First up a Royalist Yellow Coat Regiment

A Regiment of Prince Ruperts Blew Coats

Finally a Regiment of Commanded shotte from the NMA, Colonel Robert Hammond

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

paulr

Poggle

Nicely done!  =D>  =D>  =D>