ECW Project

Started by Speirs101, 30 April 2018, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

22 March 2019, 10:16:23 PM #105 Last Edit: 22 March 2019, 10:19:13 PM by Ithoriel
Quote from: Speirs101 on 22 March 2019, 09:09:27 PM
Thanks for sorting out images Ithoreil  :-bd, where does the width=800 go Mad Lemmy? its strange sometimes the photos port with no issues other times they  are huge!!!

Happy to do it.

The width= bit goes after the img in the image tag.

I used {img width=750} - those are the wrong brackets but if I use the right ones you won't see anything :)

You need a space between img and width=xxx but the new bit is all one word, so to speak.

You can use height=xxx too, if you prefer

If you preview your posts you can play around with the tags and just press preview again to see the difference you've made.

That any help? Or clear as mud?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mmcv

Superb looking army  :-bd

Westmarcher

Yes, thanks (from all of us?), Ithoriel. These images were big!!!

.... not that I would have done any better (can't even post a picture on this forum  :-[ )

Anyway, good show!  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

[img width=800] about there...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Really nice work on those figures, Speirs !  :-bd

Stroll on.... You had SUN yesterday !

(This also reminds me to 'relearn' how to post pics from photobucket...I'll have a practice somewhere else on't forum...I bet photobucket have changed everything since I last used it.  X_X)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Deliberately Phil, just to confuse you   ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 23 March 2019, 08:00:21 AM
(This also reminds me to 'relearn' how to post pics from photobucket...I'll have a practice somewhere else on't forum...I bet photobucket have changed everything since I last used it.  X_X)

I tried to use Photobucket for mollinary's pics the other day and it wouldn't let me in without subscribing to a payment plan, so I can't access any of the existing images on there.  It was only Forum stuff really, so not a great loss but we'll have to rely on the Pendraken Flickr account now, which has an upload limit in place.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Speirs101

Leon I host all my pics on my WordPress blog which costs me nothing worth looking into.

Speirs101

After a not too brief hiatus my first Royalist unit The Kings Lifeguard of Foot

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Rather splendid !  :) :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Poggle

mollinary

It has been said before, but it really does enhance the look of a unit if you paint the white edges of the paper flags. At present the white draws the eye, and takes away from the beautiful painting of the figures. And it only takes a couple of moments.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

A couple of very minor points:

• I agree with Mollinary, paint the white edges of flags, the colour match doesn't even have to be that great
  • As you will have noticed the flag poles on the Pendraken figures are too short. What I did was cut them and add a piece of suitably sized wire in the middle of the flag
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Good work. Taking Paul and Mollinary's recommendations a further step forward, if you have a spare pike man figure which is otherwise expendable, cut off an appropriate section from the top of the pike and place that into the flag so that you have a spear point sticking up and out from the flag.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.