ECW Project

Started by Speirs101, 30 April 2018, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Splendid, look forward to it :D

I should get some piccies up, let's see what the weathers like tomorrow...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Speirs101

Finished my first base of Armoured Pike, the filling between my Musketeer sandwich, just the command base to go and my first battalia of my NMA is finished. Have added flock to bases.

toxicpixie

That's cracking, they do look extra good en mass :)

Just one minor thing, I think you've "over exposed" the piccies, they look very bright... take my photo comments with a laugh mind, as I take a truly awful photo myself ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Speirs101

Hi ToxicPixie yes i have overexposed because the natural light photos are too dark, with a flash you get shadows and the colour becomes too glossy and really highlights any imperfections in the paint job, especially when zoomed in, something you would not notice on the tabletop at from 2 feet away. I like to photograph using natural light if possible and the white background and overexposure, i am just using the camera on my phone, imo makes the figures jump.

Natural light, the image is very dark, much darker than reality underselling the paint job, and when you have limited talents i need to make the best of what i can do  ;)

Sorry not 10mm but a 28mm Carl from Mantics The Walking Dead however the same red, basecoat and highlight as on the NMA above, the figure looks glossy, note the shadow and the effect this would have on ranked figures.

Overexposed photo as originally used, i think the figure 'Pop' more in this, colours are brighter much closer to reality and much more forgiving than the flash image

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Yeah, I think I need to tweak my photo taking skills... I have a cheap collapsible light box (think Fred first posted the link for them!), but prefer to use natural light in the garden, but even so my photo's are a bit duff most of the time. Might try the overexposure if I can work the phone camera settings :D

Techno

Excellent work, that man !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

That's a very nice looking infantry regiment you have there!  =D> =D> =D>

lowlylowlycook

I like the pike and I like the shot.

Keep up the good work.

Poggle

d_Guy

Look very good, Speirs. I happen to like the overexposure, it makes them look like a watercolor which is kind of cool really. Also like that you photoed the pikemen on a Pendraken logo! Are you adding command and flags next?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Speirs101

Thanks again for the kind comments, yes d_Guy command is next, having 9 figures on the base front rank of Pike-Officer- Flag-drummer-Pike and then a back row of 4 Pike. Have yet to decide which regimental flag to assign them wavering towards Pickering's as they were from predominately Essex and Suffolk and i was raised in the former and reside in the latter! The logo paper i used as was predominately White as a background/contrast  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice indeed chap
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Speirs101

06 May 2018, 04:07:02 PM #44 Last Edit: 06 May 2018, 04:25:36 PM by Speirs101
Apart from the flag, still a) undecided on the regiment and b) not that great at mounting paper flags and getting them to look realistic, hints and tips please, I am calling these done. Have prepped up my second pike and shotte regiment so starting those tonight and sorted out two regiments of commanded Shotte, two regiments of cavalry and the two field pieces for my starter NMA if I maintain momentum I hope to have these done by mid June   ;)