Fight for Ball’s Ford - Black Powder

Started by Norm, 29 April 2018, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Part 2 (the AAR) of my attempt to take a slice of action from a boardgame and take it to the tabletop has now been put up on the blog. Black powder on a 4' x 3' table with Kallistra 12mm figures. The boardgame generated a landscape that I doubt I would 'imagine' if I was just putting a non-historical game together, so it was interesting to step outside a typical table (mine at least)

Link
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/the-fight-for-balls-ford-black-powder.html

paulr

An interesting game on challenging terrain :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Another nice report on mixing board games with figure games. Also good to see BP being used for smaller scale actions.

Techno

sunjester

Excellent, looks like a fun game. I'll have to try some smaller games with BP myself.

Norm

This game has left me feeling that smaller BP games benefit from having some cover on the table rather than being mostly open, to dampen down the hit rate.

d_Guy

That's a hard slog making an opposed crossing particularly where there is no place to work against the flanks (other than by fire). In many  ways it had the feel of one of Neil Thomas's OHW scenarios (which is a complement, actually). Enjoyed reading your narrative and analysis.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on