birthday club

Started by fsn, 29 April 2018, 06:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Happy Birthday!

You are now oficially more than double my age!

Techno

I thank you all, gentlemen.  :-[

Andy's right...The extra dosh will come in very handy.
Mark....I did say officially.

Nobby's post had me a bit puzzled over the Chaos All Stars team being sold on ebay.
There are some figures there that are definitely not mine...(And there's a few from the original team missing) ...Whereas some of the others were never produced as 'green' masters.....I converted and painted some figures.
It's as though some naughty person has stripped the paint off them and cast them up.

I sold the originals as a painted team YEARS ago.  :-\ Puzzling.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

A belated Happy Birthday Phil :)

petercooman

30 April 2018, 07:47:54 AM #18 Last Edit: 30 April 2018, 07:50:06 AM by petercooman
Quote from: Techno on 30 April 2018, 06:46:08 AM
I thank you all, gentlemen.  :-[

Andy's right...The extra dosh will come in very handy.
Mark....I did say officially.

Nobby's post had me a bit puzzled over the Chaos All Stars team being sold on ebay.
There are some figures there that are definitely not mine...(And there's a few from the original team missing) ...Whereas some of the others were never produced as 'green' masters.....I converted and painted some figures.
It's as though some naughty person has stripped the paint off them and cast them up.

I sold the originals as a painted team YEARS ago.  :- Puzzling.

Cheers - Phil

some info here:
http://thumbofnuffle.blogspot.be/2017/01/the-chaos-all-stars-legendary-blood.html

Seems your conversions have been made into models by Phil Bowen and were cast with permission from games workshop to give away at blood bowl tournaments.

Apparently they sourced the original models you used, tried to do the same conversion work and then casted them up in very limited numbers.

So nothing naughty. you know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

ps: i think the guy running the tournament(s) could be the guy who bought your team, as the article states that the picture of your original team is taken in his display cabinet.

Techno

Thanks, Peter.

Now you've put that down it does ring a very slight bell, from ages ago
The chap that has  produced the figures has done a damn good job !
Had me fooled. I thought they WERE my originals.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 30 April 2018, 08:31:49 AM
Thanks, Peter.

Now you've put that down it does ring a very slight bell, from ages ago
The chap that has  produced the figures has done a damn good job !
Had me fooled. I thought they WERE my originals.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Yes he did!

It also explains why the ebay listing shows this in the description:

Limited Edition

Includes:

2004 - Garak Grigolson & Jürgen Demonfeeder
2005 - Sark Four-Eyes
2006 - Snake Sanders
2007 - Kefft the Despised
2008 - Constrictor Atlanson
2009 - Acid Scarred Max
2010 - Rex Farsight & Alternative Rex Farsight (or Laxon Hrull proxi)
2011 - Lord Dorian the Lost
2012 - Spider Smith
2013 - Apothicary / Wizard/ Coach (sculpted by Phil Lewis for the original GW srtudio Chaos All-stars)
2014 Ruddog Ironhead [RESIN]
2015 - Margoth Doomgrim [RESIN]
2016 - V'hnn Qlss "Snakey" Zzchhtrr [RESIN]

Looking at the release dates, they all follow each other by year. So i'm guessing one model was remade per year and used as a prize for that year's tournament.

You learn something every day  :D

Techno

Good detective work, that man !

Thanks again, Peter. (Yes, you do learn something new every day !)

Cheers - Phil. (And thanks to Steve J as well.) :)

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 30 April 2018, 09:21:04 AM
Good detective work, that man !

Thanks again, Peter. (Yes, you do learn something new every day !)

Cheers - Phil. (And thanks to Steve J as well.) :)

i'm the human google  ;D ;D ;D

I must admit that i came across a lot of your stuff a while back, while i was doing some snooping around for a particular model from heartbreaker minis. So some of it i remembered.

It was because i saw a little lot on ebay with a blister pack with this guy's code:

I was looking around for a wizard model and liked that one.

But the pack actually contained this one:

creepy little fellow he has there!

Techno

Someone's changed those....I'm sure.

I don't remember ever doing a cobra's head on a staff.....And the other one doesn't look like the 'familiar' I added. (I think.)
I know I've got most of my old Heartbreaker mini's SOMEWHERE in the shed.
When I get the chance I'll have a look. :D

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Well, he is in the database under your name, maybe they mixed a few up?

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Heartbreaker_Fantasy_Sculptors#Fantasy:_Phil_Lewis

although i must admit the booster packs do state who made the model. Maybe they repacked it? Cheeky buggers!

Techno

Well, Peter.

Maybe I've got brain fade from all those years ago. (Probably  :'()
I really will have to dig out those models from one of the sheds.

I DO remember that Bob Watts (who was the 'CEO' at Heartbreaker) did have to have one of the magic users tweaked, and take a wee figure from one the arms of one of those, because it wouldn't cast.

90% of the figures look like my style from 25(?) years ago...and other bits don't.

Cheers - Mr Dazed & Confused. X_X

petercooman

Maybe, Leon had you cloned as well, and it was the other one  who  made them .  ;D

toxicpixie

I didn't know you'd done those CMG figures Phil, very nice they are. Mind I didn't know CMG had folded and Ral Partha picked up the models either :S

Also, happy birthday :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Thanks, Nathan. :)

I've now reached the stage where I've 'sculpted' so many hundreds/thousands of little figures, over the years, that I simply can't remember what they all look like.  X_X

Critical Mass (?).....Yep.....Most of the original 'codes' were down to me.

They had some lovely models that were nothing to do with with me, done at a later stage.

Cheers - Philo

d_Guy

Happy Birthday, He of the indeterminate number of fingers!

Seriously, happy birthday, Phil!

And thanks to fsn for the montage which I will study at lesuire. The picture of Phil is worth a thousand words - prehaps more.
Sleep with clean hands ...