Army Painter anti shine brush on varnish

Started by Fenton, 20 April 2018, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Bought some today to see if it as any better than their spray can version. Happy to confirm that it is. Gives a nice matte finish
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Fenton

It was either £2 or £2.50.Not entirely sure as I was buying other stuff as well. No more than that though. I'm told it works well in airbrushes as well

It comes in the same sized dropper bottle as the rest of the AP range
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Is it any different to the Vallejo version. I no longer use matt varnish as I prefer the finish of magic wash. Little bit of shine brings out the figures I think.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

petercooman

I still use vallejo matt. works good for me.

Fenton

In my experience it gives a much more Matt finish compared to the Vajello one

Leman

I feel after a half century of gaming and painting that a 100% matt finish leaves the figures looking dull and lifeless. Then again I never did get the hang of matt spray varnish, turning instead to Winsor and Newton  acrylic matt varnish (which did have a very slight shine) but now preferring magic wash as the top coat.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

The Vallejo matt doesn't give a full matt finish, but a slightly satin one. Given that a truly matt finish will start to gain a sheen as you handle the minis, then this is fine IMHO.