Phalanx, St Helens - Sat 16th June

Started by Leon, 17 April 2018, 11:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our annual trip over to the north-west takes place on Saturday 16th June this year, as we head over to the Phalanx show taking place in the Sutton Leisure Centre.  We'll need any pre-orders sending through by midnight on Friday 8th June please and more info on the show can be found here: https://spartans.org.uk/phalanx-3/phalanx-2/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

I'm hoping to make it there this year, but my brother has a birthday on that day and family and stuff =)

Whilst not wishing to imply a unwarrented degree of decrepitude upon our esteemed and venerable patron, may we infer that, like Her Majesty, the rigours of time are imposing unwonted, and understandable limitations upon Dave's degrees of mobility, requiring a curttailment of his undoubtedly valuable contributions to the peripatetic opportunities of commerce, which, in extremis, would indicate with some reasonable disquietude, that the once doubtless agile and enduring starets of Pendraken, would, rather than be an active particiant in the manual exertions forced upon contributors of such mercantile events, become the object of these endeavours, rather than the subject? In such cases, it would apparently be more apt and seemly for a cadet branch of the clan to assume the onerous duties required both as reprive for the noted elder and as, if not the exordium for the junior representative of the dynasty, then certainly as a opportunity for the newly advanced patriarch to impart his wisdom by experiential immersion in the hurly-burly of the direct public facing element of the enterprise, whilst leaving the displaced to remain in the precinct of Janus engaging in his new role of "vice president in charge of biscuit dunking".
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 18 April 2018, 08:26:40 AM
I'm hoping to make it there this year, but my brother has a birthday on that day and family and stuff =)

in his new role of "vice president in charge of biscuit dunking".

Nobby, he does not need any further encouragement in any of the following

Tea /Coffee drinking
Dunking biscuits in aforementioned drinks
Pie eating
Chip munching
Wandering absent minded round shows

:) :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Orcs on 18 April 2018, 11:27:00 AM
Nobby, he does not need any further encouragement in any of the following

Wandering absent minded round shows

:) :)

Wondered who the guy in the mac was.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Hoping to put on a Walter Schnaffs participation - mainly Pendraken FPW, with a few Red Eagle and Irregular thrown in for good measure.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 18 April 2018, 08:26:40 AM
Whilst not wishing to imply a unwarrented degree of decrepitude upon our esteemed and venerable patron, may we infer that, like Her Majesty, the rigours of time are imposing unwonted, and understandable limitations upon Dave's degrees of mobility, requiring a curttailment of his undoubtedly valuable contributions to the peripatetic opportunities of commerce, which, in extremis, would indicate with some reasonable disquietude, that the once doubtless agile and enduring starets of Pendraken, would, rather than be an active particiant in the manual exertions forced upon contributors of such mercantile events, become the object of these endeavours, rather than the subject? In such cases, it would apparently be more apt and seemly for a cadet branch of the clan to assume the onerous duties required both as reprive for the noted elder and as, if not the exordium for the junior representative of the dynasty, then certainly as a opportunity for the newly advanced patriarch to impart his wisdom by experiential immersion in the hurly-burly of the direct public facing element of the enterprise, whilst leaving the displaced to remain in the precinct of Janus engaging in his new role of "vice president in charge of biscuit dunking".

Yep, wot he said...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

paulr

Indubitably, old chap ;)

It is something any educated 8 year old could understand ;)
It has much in common with Barkerese ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

somebody mentioned biscuits, I'm not on a diet honest

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Leman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

Leman

Next thing you know there'll be a game featuring a Bourbon army up against Garibaldi, plus a refight of the Battle of Lincoln and a western game featuring many wagon wheels.

Womble67

Have you noticed over the years how the wagon wheels have shrunk

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

Techno

Are we talking about the choccy 'wossnames' ?  ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil