Muscovite Army

Started by Terry37, 17 April 2018, 09:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Hidden talents indeed, Terry! (mind you, we haven't heard how good/bad you are - and don't take that as an invitation to let us know!*)  ;D    And I thought I was only joking at Christmas .... (http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,18078.msg269681.html#msg269681)
What's the next revelation? Duelling banjos with Bill?    ;D

* Aw, OK - but just the once! ;)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Terry37

Westmarcher, I didn't know Bill played the Banjo, but I know the tune and have played it in the past. One thing for sure - you do NOT want to hear me sing.....I am the only person at church that my priest  pulled aside and said it would be OK, if I just quietly hummed along to the hymns!!!!! Trust me guys I really am a hacker at this, but have been playing and singing off and on since I was 16, and it has always been a fun adventure.

On the subject of the Muscovites, I finished cleaning and priming the last of the figures needed and am painting like the dickens ot get ti finished, so more pictures soon, and shortly he entire army all based and pretty!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

I've been fighting an infection in both eyes for nearly three weeks now and unfortunately, so far am seeing no improvement. This condition has limited my ability to paint, and even when I get the chance it is for a limited amount of time. But I have been able to finish a few more elements for this army.

Left the Vasili Bokvostov Regiment (played as a Spear element), and right an element of Cossacks (played as Riders).

Here's the army showing all of the elements except the Flyer element (Jiltsi) and the Stronghold. 3 more elements to complete and the army is done.

Here's the Stronghold, with muskets from the Lagovskin  Regiment  doing guard duty. This will also be the Stronghold for my Polish army as the guards are removable, and both used armored wagons like this. I also added a holder to fly a national flag that can be switched out.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice work Terry.
Get well soon.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Thanks for the update on some really nice stuff and I hope your eye infection clears up soon.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Hope the infection clears up soon
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Those look very nice, indeed, Terry. :)

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Womble67

They look great

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Terry37

I am slowly getting my vision back and so was able to do some painting again. I finished the command element for my HOTT Muscovite army. The pictures aren't great as it was overcast and raining so I had to use indoor lamps. They turned the white background yellow!!!

The flags are set out just just to show them and one will be carried by the standard bearer (fellow in the second picture nearest the camera and slightly blurred) and the other will be mounted on the Stronghold war wagon. I am thinking to do the one for the command element with a raspberry and green striped pole, and probably all red or all green for the war wagon one.

The army is very close to being finished, with just three elements to go - the god element (Russian Winter), a Knight element (Horse based on the west and looking like cavaliers in pot helm and cuirass) and a Horde element (armed peasants). They are all underway and hope to finish them soon. Then I will compete the bases and share the entire army.

This has been a  very fun army to do, but one requiring a lot of little detail work to create the look I was after for the time.

Terry

d_Guy

The flags are beautiful, Terry, and extremely well animated.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Westmarcher

Quote from: Terry37 on 16 March 2019, 06:11:56 PM
I am slowly getting my vision back and so was able to do some painting again.

What happened? Did the wife give you a couple of black eyes?

Seriously, good to read you're back on the mend - that's a long time you've had that infection.

By the way, the flags and the painted figures are particularly good, too!  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Terry37

Thanks guys, can't take credit for the flags, got them from Flag Dude, as he does really nice ones.

As for my eye problem, no, although I probably deserve a couple of black eyes from my better half, the problem was caused by a bad reaction all of a sudden to one of my glaucoma eye drops. Was suffering with severe burring, swelling, constant watering, itching and pain! Could not see well enough to really even read. Things got really involved and after suffering with it for a month with my eye doc of many years, I had to change to a new doc. He identified he problem in minutes and had me seeing/feeling improvement over night. Not fully recovered yet, but doing so much better now!!!!

Terry

paulr

Good to hear you are on the mend

As to the figures
:-bd =D> :-bd =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner