Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Good comments all.

Of course I could do the yellow boots, but straying too far from who they really were might cause one to ponder who are they again? The fact they are flying LH is a use of the fact they have two wings and the beauty of the HOTT rules. My Polish will have a similar element of Winged Hussars, and my TYW Imperial army will have a two headed eagle as a Flyer.

Another example of taking the real and fully utilizing the HOTT rules will be in my TYW Swedish army - I will have a Lapp element on reindeer, but will be play them as a magician because at that time the Lapps were thought to possess magical powers.

I agree once the bases are done it will be a much more attractive army.

I have the new book coming out on the Muscovite army on my want list and will include it with my next Amazon order.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

Haven't posted any update lately but am slogging ahead on this army, and am closing in on finishing the two elements of Boyars - noble horse. Very fun to do and not what I was expecting, but there is no set uniform, but a requirement for lost of lavishness, color and pattern. I am also finishing up an element of ECW raw recruits (Horde) for a HOTT Parliamentary army for the GBnUIT. I'll post pictures shortly.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

Finally back in the pink as they say, and got some painting done. Finished the figures for three elements.

Theoden for my Eowyn Hero element. Also the mounted archers to be played as Riders.

For my Muscovite army I finished the Dragoon element which will be played as a Lurker.

I'll start the basing tomorrow and am contemplating adding the fallen tree section to the dragoon base as it seem to balance it a bit more.

or

I have also all but finished the base coats on the two elements of Boyars to be played as either Riders or Knights, and will be sharing them shortly.

More to follow,

Terry

paulr

Good to hear you are 'back in the pink' :)

I think the log does does improve the balance and gives them something to lurk behind ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Techno

Matt J

+1 for the log.

Is it the Captain's?
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Womble67

Looks good

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: toxicpixie on 18 April 2018, 11:59:02 AM
I'm still in shock from the ongoing, at least mid 80's onwards discussion about painting orcs the correct colour, I can't comment :D

European or African?

Terry37

Finished the Boyars, who will be Rider elements in my Muscovite HOTT army.

Only a few more elements and this one will be ready for action!!!

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J