Lord and Lands Ancient/Fantasy?

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 15 April 2018, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Has anybody tried these rules out? Sound a bit DBA/DBMish. http://ablogofwar.blogspot.com.au/p/lords-lands-main-page-last-updated.html

Asking for a friend  :P - Off to my meeting at Rules Anonymous then.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMAn

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I thought the same...
And went off to research other 10mm Halflings.
Leon, when the halflings coming back?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

They've got some good reviews and people seem to enjoy them.  There's a Facebook page where the author answers any questions you might have: https://www.facebook.com/groups/717411848386941/

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 April 2018, 11:11:29 PM
Leon, when the halflings coming back?

Not sure on that, they'd really need to be completely fresh sculpts so probably a while away yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ironduke

I hope they are being enjoyed, still selling well, community is growing. Think of them as a quicker version of warmaster. The rules are quick but as complex as your opponent. Plus you can field any army you like, historical armies can fight fantasy armies without losing any potency, there is also a tool to calculate points if you want that approach. They are not like DBM/DBA, if find these rules very wooden, although I can see the appeal, there is a lot more command friction in LAL. You have to think of yourself as a general with variable command opportunities each turn, therefore you may not be able to do everything you want to do each turn.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!