Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
25 September 2018, 10:13:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The WWI Middle East expansion is now available!
261359 Posts in 15713 Topics by 2153 Members
Latest Member: Cavillarius
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Rules
| | |-+  Lord and Lands Ancient/Fantasy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord and Lands Ancient/Fantasy?  (Read 421 times)
GrumpyOldMan
Colonel

I'm all ears!!

« on: 15 April 2018, 11:09:38 PM »

Hello

Has anybody tried these rules out? Sound a bit DBA/DBMish. http://ablogofwar.blogspot.com.au/p/lords-lands-main-page-last-updated.html

Asking for a friend  Tongue - Off to my meeting at Rules Anonymous then.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMAn
mad lemmey
Count

« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2018, 11:11:29 PM »

I thought the same...
And went off to research other 10mm Halflings.
Leon, when the halflings coming back?

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2018, 11:29:42 PM »

They've got some good reviews and people seem to enjoy them.  There's a Facebook page where the author answers any questions you might have: https://www.facebook.com/groups/717411848386941/

Leon, when the halflings coming back?

Not sure on that, they'd really need to be completely fresh sculpts so probably a while away yet.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
mad lemmey
Count

« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2018, 11:31:35 PM »

Aw  Cry

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Ironduke
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2018, 11:26:36 AM »

I hope they are being enjoyed, still selling well, community is growing. Think of them as a quicker version of warmaster. The rules are quick but as complex as your opponent. Plus you can field any army you like, historical armies can fight fantasy armies without losing any potency, there is also a tool to calculate points if you want that approach. They are not like DBM/DBA, if find these rules very wooden, although I can see the appeal, there is a lot more command friction in LAL. You have to think of yourself as a general with variable command opportunities each turn, therefore you may not be able to do everything you want to do each turn.

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: