Aztec warfare queries

Started by TinyTinTroops, 15 April 2018, 02:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

From the price and piccy and Reapers usual scaling I think it's about a large 28mm figure; should look spot on for a massive monster in an army of 15's :)

I'm tempted by the AA one for MAXIMUM HUGENESS but as I'm not even anywhere near getting my Aztecs into the queue let alone onto sticks I think not.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Glorfindel

>>From the price and piccy and Reapers usual scaling I think it's about a large 28mm figure

That sounds perfect - I really think this would make a fantastic addition to a Lizardmen army,
(with Carnosaur stats), particularly with the eye-catching colours.

I think I still have an old Lizardmen hero - will have to dig it out.   Our group play Warmaster
fairly regularly and I was lucky enough to buy quite a few Lizards when they came out.

Phil

toxicpixie

My Warmaster is all Pendraken :D

Which has reminded me, as a gateway to Aztecs I should have gotten *Dragon* not Lion Rampant, I could have straight tontable with that. And then miffic Aztecs with feathered serpents and wierd "eyes where the nostrils should be" monkey-puma things and flying Eagle Knights!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Terry37

Phil, I will indeed let you know how the figure works, but you're right - at a 28 MM size figure he makes for a great dragon in 15 MM. The allowed base size for a Dragon in HOTT is a 40 x 60 MM and he looks like he'll fit that fine. I also plan to use that paint job as the reference for painting him because I agree, it looks the part!

It's already been shipped, so I hope to have it this coming week and ill take a picture for you all to see.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

26 April 2018, 10:36:17 PM #34 Last Edit: 26 April 2018, 10:38:39 PM by Terry37
Darn this thread !!!  ;)  Now I have a whole new army to paint! I have finished working up my army list and have sorted through all of my left over Mesoamericans and have come up with the following army.

1 x Blade – General @ 2 AP                                                          2 pts
1 x Flyer – Eagle Warriors @ 2 AP                                       2 pts
1 x Beast – Jaguar Warriors @ 2 AP                            2 pts
2 x Blades – Suit Warriors @ 2 AP                                                4 pts
2 x Warband – Cuachiqueh and Otomi @ 2 AP                          4 pts
2 x Shooter – Bow/ Atlatl/ Slingers @ 2 AP                                4 pts
2 x Horde – 0 to 1 Captive Warriors @ 1 AP                               2 pts
1 x Dragon – Quetzalcoatl @ 4 AP                                                4 pts
Total                                                                                                  24 pts

I had everything but the figure for Quetzalcoatl, and Phil solved that one for me - THANKS Phil! I have received the figure, but it will be difficult to photograph him until I go to put him together . I tried setting him up for a picture but could not make the wings or the head stay in place, so will have to do it after I start working on the army. I will say it is a very nice figure and quite detailed. The metal is hard and stiff so allows for little modification, but he looks great the way he comes, and fits the base perfectly but I will have to modify the basing from the one supplied to make him fit lower on the base.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams