BKC2 query (prior to release of BKC4)

Started by AJ at the Bank, 04 November 2018, 09:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamb

Because the points values for Cold War Commander are very high for later mbts, I switched to percentage of unitss for CWC and BKC.  The normal percentage is 50%.  For flexible I use 40% and for ridged I use 60%.

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: AJ at the Bank on 04 November 2018, 09:49:08 PM
I think it is Dutch for 'Start' or 'Begin'.

...Now we can get minds out of the gutter and back to loftier thoughts!

;D ;D

Well what about Gary's Bits then?  Are they naughty or nice?

fsn

In this place, "loftier thoughts" means dreaming of converting the attic to a wargames room.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: fsn on 05 November 2018, 09:31:13 AM
In this place, "loftier thoughts" means dreaming of converting the attic to a wargames room.

I converted the loft into two rooms for the kids (yes the bedroom that became vacant is bigger than the ones in the loft  ;D ;D ;D ;D )

AJ at the Bank

Thank you to those who replied in answer to my original questions - very helpful.

Personally then - I like the following solutions :-
(1) Allow a unit entering a trench/pit to end their move in the trench/pit..no need to stop at the edge before entering. Working on the same principle as troops entering Area Terrain - taking the available cover.

(2) Tactical Doctrine - impact on Breakpoint : Point adjustment per 1000 points or part thereof. E.g. 1-1000 = 1 : 1001-2000 = 2 : 2001-3000 = 3 etc.    Simple but importantly different to the Army List Unit Limits.

Thanks again.
Adam

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.