Two nations; one language

Started by Leman, 07 April 2018, 02:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

So... MR Leman is basically Shabbaranks?!

Damnit, I preferred Norm ear worming me with Trumpton Riots :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Come on, you know perfectly well that computers are more puzzling to me than direct translations from Arabic to Mandarin via Urdu. Obviously, Ithoriel seems to know nothing about Belgian history. Shabba Ranks? Black American music hit the buffers for me when the likes of Barry White showed up. Or is he one of those pathetic British imitators of contemporary black American music.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

He's Jamaican, first of the wave of Caribbean artists from the eighties who made it world wide. That's.... pretty much my entire knowledge of him :D

These days Cuppa Tea from Rastamouse is about as close as I get to contemporary MOBO, the perils of kids TV, but Ice T & Bodycount is still heavily on my rotation!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

I'm still into the likes of Marvin Gaye, Sam Cook etc. My picture also gives another clue about the kind of thing I enjoy.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

:)

My Youtube searches get very confused; I love the actual Spinners, but there's a US soul/disco outfit by the same name >_<