Novel based on Koniggratz !

Started by cameronian, 07 April 2018, 01:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameronian

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leman

Sounds interesgtin - Sci-fi meets Koiggratz meets WWII
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leman

A Scottish Winter Sport variant?

cameronian

Leman

Here's my take after a few chapters in. The author is evidently a Ron Hubbard type with an agenda of a quasi-religious nature focusing on a oneness with the universe and an individual evolution based on reincarnation. Putting that to one side, the bit on the second protagonist's education in the 1850s at the Military Academy in Berlin isn't bad (although it is now becoming obvious that this second protagonist is the current in a long line of reincarnations of the first protagonist encountered in the book - an alien from another planet where evolution had reached a much higher level). Quite how a C19th Prussian cavalry officer is going to deal with that remains to be seen. I'll keep you posted folks.

Dave Fielder

Does it at any point over the 1866 period of warfare?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

Yes it does, but the other aspects of the book are really peculiar. It also covers the FPW as well, then the protagonist is reincarnated again as British in WWII, following a pretty grim childhood in London. There were some weird pseudo-sexual aspects to this book which put me right off, and I did not finish it.

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Leman on 21 May 2018, 09:52:19 AM
Yes it does, but the other aspects of the book are really peculiar. It also covers the FPW as well, then the protagonist is reincarnated again as British in WWII, following a pretty grim childhood in London. There were some weird pseudo-sexual aspects to this book which put me right off, and I did not finish it.

That's a miss then...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leman