Heresy

Started by Bunny, 28 May 2018, 09:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunny

I do realise this is heresy, BUT I do have a very large collection of 15mm fantasy armies and I was wondering if anyone had used 15mm figures to play the rules or how people think it should be, if at all, adapted?

Thanks

Bunny The Heretic

Orcs

I have never played Warband, but I cannot see any issue with using 15mm figures.  if you stick to the standard base sizes you should be able to use them "as is". Just adapt the number of figures so it looks right

Orcs The Heretic
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You dont need to stick to the base sizes either, so long as the ratio is right. Only played one, great deal of fun !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Yup, just use the base ratio and enjoy
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

Quote from: Bunny on 28 May 2018, 09:58:01 AM
I do realise this is heresy, BUT I do have a very large collection of 15mm fantasy armies and I was wondering if anyone had used 15mm figures to play the rules

Yep.

And 28mm (burn the heretic!!!)

Quoteor how people think it should be, if at all, adapted?

It doesn't need any adaption and will work as is.  As others pointed out the only issue will be base sizes and as long as your bases ar "2 wide / 1 deep" in ratio it'll work fine.  To be honest it works OK even without this ratio.  Your measuring, range, and table size will all fit together based on your chosen base width.

If you play though, we expect pictures!  :D

Enjoy!
Ludd
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Bunny

Thanks guys....just need to get the rules now lol

Then let the heresy begin!