Help With Arty Rules.

Started by gizmok24, 04 April 2018, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizmok24

Hi I am looking for some help with the Arty rule. For an FAO can he only get support from on board arty or do you purchase assets from the off board table ? or is off board assets for the scheduled phase only? also for off board assets are they one time use or once per turn per asset? Just some more detail overall on arty and how it works in blitzkrieg would help so much thanks in advance :)

williamb

05 April 2018, 12:55:43 AM #1 Last Edit: 05 April 2018, 01:04:42 AM by williamb
since BKC3 is still being worked on and the final version of the rules is not available at this time the following answers are based on BKC2

See page 8 scheduled strikes.  Except for smoke (see page 27), assets are only used for scheduled strikes and are purchased one per battery for one fire mission only.   If you want them to fire more than once than additional assets must be purchased for each gun.  On table artillery is ordered by HQ or CO only, not by FAO.  See page 26, artillery support units and page 24, infantry guns.  I cannot give you an answer based on the rules in the initial version of BKC3 due to all the pages that have fallen out of my copy because of the poor quality of the binding, but will note that there are no assets listed in BKC3