Spam Emails

Started by pierre the shy, 04 April 2018, 07:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Just a heads up.....got a spam email this morning purporting to come from Pendraken just saying "Hi" and a link to click.

Deleted as spam as I don't think PM have moved to Luxemburg (had a .lu suffix)  ;)

beware of phishing/scam emails and don't click on links you don't trust!   

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Techno

Good heads up, Peter.

Cheers - Phil

Leon

We've had a couple of reports of this today, so apologies to folks.  Annoyingly none of them have actually come from us, but they've got the 'Pendraken' label on them and then d.pengilley@... with a random ending.  We've changed our email passwords just to be on the safe side, but I think this goes back to the security breach that Yahoo had a couple of years back. 

In better news though, we'll be stopping the d.pengilley email very soon and moving over to a proper @pendraken email instead.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Thanks

For UK residents I got a call purporting to be from HMRC saying I was being sued by them, rubbish !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Had a call from Robert/Gupta yesterday. claiming BT was going to close down my internet connection for a week. I told him not to be silly and hung up.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

I had one at 8pm claiming to be from BT  saying they could offer me 95% off my mobile phone rate. I told them to write to me.

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Quote from: ianrs54 on 05 April 2018, 12:31:26 PM
Thanks

For UK residents I got a call purporting to be from HMRC saying I was being sued by them, rubbish !

Are you sure you don't owe tax? - I used to make phone calls like that and I DID work for HMRC.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

paulr

I got a call from London on my mobile last night that immediately hung up

Apparently the scam is that if you call the number back it goes to a special service that is billed at a ridiculous rate
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Quote from: Last Hussar on 05 April 2018, 09:30:54 PM
Are you sure you don't owe tax? - I used to make phone calls like that and I DID work for HMRC.

I rang HMRC and asked, they said report to the Fraud web site.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

stenicplus

Quote from: Last Hussar on 05 April 2018, 09:30:54 PM

Sure you weren't just on the scrounge and working for HMRC was a coincidence?  ;D