1690 Ireland

Started by Redstef, 02 April 2018, 12:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Waterhouse

Stunning work, first class!
Arma Pacis Fulcra

fred.

Excellent work, both on the quality of the individual figures, and the shear scope of the units!

Makes me think about my project for the same battle, which has been stalled for rather too long. I like that you have used red coated officers for the grey clad regiments, is this a historical approach, as I've not noticed it elsewhere, but that could easily be me not looking properly?

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

cudders

Magnificent.

Just shows what you can do with Pendraken figures if you have the time.

Well do you and well done Pendraken for superb sculps  :-bd

Cudders

Redstef

The officers in red coats is a reference to Tiffins troops being upset about handing their red coats in when re uniformed in grey, as they believed red to be more soldierly. I figured that as officers provided their own they would naturally opt for red. There is evidence of officers in different coats to their rank and file in other regiments eg Beaumonts in crimson, troops in red and Brandenburg Blue troops in white
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Those are stunning 8)!

fred.

Quote from: Redstef on 31 March 2021, 11:29:29 PM
The officers in red coats is a reference to Tiffins troops being upset about handing their red coats in when re uniformed in grey, as they believed red to be more soldierly. I figured that as officers provided their own they would naturally opt for red. There is evidence of officers in different coats to their rank and file in other regiments eg Beaumonts in crimson, troops in red and Brandenburg Blue troops in white

Thanks - really useful to know, and gives a bit of opportunity for a splash of colour
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Great to see further progress on this project :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shecky

steve_holmes_11

Amazing what you can do with just a centimetre to paint.

Brilliant work.

The_Wrong_Khovanskiy

Absolutely beautiful stuff! Bright colours, very crisp, this looks incredible! Also, it's great that you picked up this rather unappreciated topic of Irish history.