Previous topic - Next topic

Poggle

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Redstef

wow, can't believe it's been so long since I posted here. Anyway, stage one is now complete (has been for a while but not taken pics) with the final Williamite regiments

Garde de Voet

I went with the 3 battalion theory as the numbers seemed logical. The jury is still out though.
The battalion at the back was the first I painted to see if I liked the range.....that question has well and truly been put to bed lol

The Irish raised Regiments
George Hamilton

Mitchelburne

St John

Tiffin

Phase 2 will be some more Jacobite Infantry, possibly the French and the Danes
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Redstef

I'm about a third of the way into the project so I'll be busy for a while yet lol
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

:-bd

But that's all I'm looking at, today.

mmcv

These are absolutely superb. I'd not come across this thread before (last post was just before I came across the forum I think) so enjoyed looking back at it.

Damn you though, I'd only just managed to resist adding LoA into my last order.... definitely high on my todo list.

Was playtesting Twilight of the Sun King recently and it worked well for the period, have you had any further thoughts on rules you'll be using?

I did make a Boyne scenario for Warlords Pike and Shotte (just using 2d counters to play as I've no figs for the period) but wasn't super keen on it. Twilight of will probably be my go to, but no doubt I'll pick up Three Kingdoms at some point too...

Westmarcher

...... when megalomania strikes!  ;D ;D ;D

Terrific stuff!  :-bd

Twilight of the Sun King appears to be a good contender. I'm not sure about the latest version of Lily Banners (e.g., is this still wedded to the old idea of individual figure removal?) but wondered if For King & Parliament could be adapted for this era.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

John Cook

DecemDave

thanks for starting posting again so I could see these stunningly beautiful units.   :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

I was mulling over rebasing my 32 ish figure ECW units to a 24 fig scenic base option based on another thread but now I have seen the true light  -   60figs is where its at!   pendraken will need another new building at this rate.

mmcv

Quote from: DecemDave on 31 March 2021, 01:43:28 PM
thanks for starting posting again so I could see these stunningly beautiful units.   :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

I was mulling over rebasing my 32 ish figure ECW units to a 24 fig scenic base option based on another thread but now I have seen the true light  -   60figs is where its at!   pendraken will need another new building at this rate.

If you have the time, space and patience! I started my ECW at 42 figs but have started the scaling down process.... to about 32 figures each :|

60 though...quite the commitment!

DHautpol

Speaking as someone who has painted a lot of Pendraken LOA figures, I have to say that these are absolutely magnificent.  Your refight of the Boyne will be truly something to behold.

I think that the basing should work for "Beneath the Lily Banners" (BLB), which uses a "casualty roster" system rather than individual figure removal; although I use BLB2 and can't speak for either the earlier or later versions.  Your base sizes look more appropriate to the recommended 15mm basing sizes but, as both sides are the same, this should not be an issue.  I did the same with their "Victory without Quarter" ECW rules by using the recommended 15mm base sizes and packing the figures on.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Redstef

At the moment I intend to use a doctored version of Baroque mainly because my regular opponent an I are fairly comfortable with the mechanics. I have got The War of the Three Kings and Twilight of the Sun King but have not tried them yet

I've seen some lovely ECW posted on these forums and would be tempted if I wasn't still in the middle of a 15mm project and still not finished some 25mm Essex figures bought for my 18th birthday by my then gf now wife nearly 40 years ago  :-[

ps 60 figure units all the way and be proud of your megalomania  ;) :d

Poggle

Seriously impressive both in scale and artistry! It shows how 10mm really gets the sense of big units across.  =D>