My Frostgrave Warband - Hasslefree Miniatures

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 31 March 2018, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

From a recent Hasslefree Kickstarter. The idea was various scantily dressed pin-ups, but Kev also produced some rather nice fully clothed figures, ideal for Frostgrave etc.

The warband

Lead mage/Necromancer

Bard/Apprentice

Knight

Barbarian I (didn't look too burry earlier..)

Paladin

Barbarian II (let's just assume there's a thick cloak somewhere)

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

The figure designers nearly resisted the stereo type, nearly #-o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

sunjester

A different take on a Frostgrave warband.  :-bd

Terry37

Look good to me, and I especially like the shield with the half sun and half moon! Very creative that.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Really do have to get round to playing that.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

They're cracking! I especially like your lead wizard :)

Ian, you should give it a bash or Ghost Arcipelago if warmer climes suit you better - they're good fun skirmish games with a continuing narrative, but where the game's the thing and the book keeping is simple.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So, I decided to add some more bits...

Treasures (the objectives of the game)

My first wandering monsters, bears (I bought these about 8 yeras ago, thinking I might use them as Snow Trolls in Bloodbowl Norse team)

And approaching a warrior

Who says Humans get all the fun in Frostgrave. Dark Hold Goblins, by Rebel Miniatures.

This was a Kickstarter from years back, and now I've bought reinforcements to make these into a warband too.

Jason the Mage, with his familiar, Little Jason

Jason the Warrior

Jason the Assassin

And a female character, now, I couldn't call her Jason could I?
Jacinta The Witch

That's the feminine for Jason

Techno

sunjester

I like the polar bears. :-bd

Why not have gobbos in your Frostgrave warband? My Necromancer has all orcs in his warband, they are less likely to ask awkward questions about the ethics of raising zombies.  :-/  =)
And where else could I field an orc Templar?!!  :d

toxicpixie

Top stuff, love the bears.

My "main" warband is Winter Fey. It's got elven Knights Rangers, & Fey Wizard-Warriors, & goblin & puckish rogues. My other is a beast man and (small) minotaurs and ratmen lead by a satyr witch. Everyone else's are an eclectic mix of thirty odd years each of D&D and wargames figures :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Terry37

They look great! I especially like the moon/sun shield!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams