Cedar Creek 1864 ACW AAR

Started by Chris Pringle, 28 March 2018, 01:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Pringle

Some Pendraken Confederates were glimpsed at Cedar Creek last month. Historically they achieved total surprise, perhaps because they were 67% taller than their 6mm Baccus Union opponents ... but the scale difference mattered so little that it has only occurred to me now that I come to post about the game here.

It was a good ebb-and-flow game, just like the historical battle. Full AAR here:
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/acw-action-cedar-creek.html

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report, even better that the 10mm were being the big guys!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Nice AAR Chris and nice to see 10mm goodiness in action.

Techno

Womble67

Excellent battle report thoroughly enjoyed it

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dave Fielder

Always like hearing about BBB events .... 10mm v 6mm, sounds a bit Biblical. Perhaps Goliath met his match?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Westmarcher

Help, please. I'm hoping this is a scenario I could use to try BBB for the first time. However, I clicked on the link, saw one photo and read one paragraph(?) on the AAR ... I then clicked on the Yahoo Group link .. nothing obvious .. is there more? Sorry, unlike Goliath, I am not stoned - I'm one of these computer challenged people. Baffled (but want to be unbaffled)  :-[
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Thanks for posting that one Chris. Small enough for me to do some single (30x30) bases to add to my Altar of Freedom 6mm armies to give it a go.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chris Pringle

Glad you liked it, guys.

Quote from: Westmarcher on 11 April 2018, 10:49:21 PM
Help, please. I'm hoping this is a scenario I could use to try BBB for the first time. However, I clicked on the link, saw one photo and read one paragraph(?) on the AAR ... I then clicked on the Yahoo Group link .. nothing obvious .. is there more? Sorry, unlike Goliath, I am not stoned - I'm one of these computer challenged people. Baffled (but want to be unbaffled)  :-[

Westie, the scenario is in the group files; you have to join the Yahoo group to be able to look at them. If you can't be bothered to join, let me know where to email you and I'll send it to you. But it is worth joining, as there are lots of other small scenarios in there that are quick and easy to set up and a blast to play.

Chris

Leman

Westie, I really would join while all those files are available (and all in the BBB format) ranging from Napoleonic through to WWI and some for a WWII variant as well. I tried to join the TDFG group, but it had folded so I am unable to access their files (one of the authors had a run in with the law - at least so I am told).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!