Da Vinci Tank!!!

Started by Terry37, 27 March 2018, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

This seems to be the best category to post this so here it is. We need a really nice model of the Da Vinci, but also one that will fit on a 40 x 40 MM base without hanging over the edge. I know there is one ins "15 MM scale" but it is not really usable because it is over 50 MM wide.

I would also look at making it as light weight as possible, so maybe hollow out the inside form underneath.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

DanJ scratchbuilt one in the 90s, he might stilll have the blueprint!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Terry37

Paper model available here - scale smaller and substitute Pendraken wheels - https://orig00.deviantart.net/6627/f/2011/150/7/d/da_vinci__s_tank_papercraft_by_rocketmantan-d3hmot2.pdf

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Gentlemen, EXCELLENT!!! Yes, I think I can use that as an add on to an attempt I was working on. This might just make it that much better!!! Thank you VERY MUCH! Of course if Leon still wanted to make one I sure wouldn't object!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Steve J

That's pretty cool and a great way to quickly get your hands on that lovely tank.

Womble67

Thanks for the PDF file it's very good

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bernie

I think Shapeways/ 3-D Printers do one of these

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Terry37

Ithoriel, Just what i was looking for!!! Thank you so much - just placed my order for one. Excellent, just excellent!

Terry

Terry37

I received this model today and it is just perfect fro HOTT. It will be played as a Behemoth and fits excellently on the allotted 40 x 40 MM base. Thanks again Ithoriel, for the lead!

Terry

Leman

Got a kit of one for my 28mm Italian Wars stuff, plus a flying machine. Did actually see one in the Da Vinci fantasy series on TV. However, Leonardo was somewhat miffed as it was being used by the Turks to project Greek fire as they roamed around Naples (well, I did say it was fantasy).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Did Leon(ardo)...ever get any copyright/royalties/whatever......I think not !!  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Mine is going to be a Behemoth in my Italian Wars Italian army, so I needed one to fit on a 40 x 40 MM base without hanging over the edge. The reason for that is is something sticks out over the edge it is difficult to make contact with an enemy so I always looking for figures that will fit the allotted base size without extending beyond the edge. True it does require me to pass on some nicely animated figures, but just works better in the game. I will probably remove some of the cannon barrels so the front can more easily be identified - another important factor ni the HOTT rules.

I will be using a modified 6 MM model of a Taube (one of my all time favorite aircraft) with a crossbowman slung underneath as a DaVinci Flyer.

Terry