Rapier miniatures compatability

Started by Orcs, 21 March 2018, 11:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Hi All

I have several fairly large 6mm Irregular miniatures armies which are going to get a new lease of life with Sword and Spear Rules.  I am thinking about getting a historical opponent for my Indian army, I just wondered how compatible they are and if they would look ok on the table together

Cheers

Mark

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Rapier are, by design I believe, sizes with Baccus. Don't think they'd be close enough to add to a unit of Irregular but separate units might work. Depending on your aesthetic values!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 March 2018, 02:52:27 PM
Rapier are, by design I believe, sizes with Baccus. Don't think they'd be close enough to add to a unit of Irregular but separate units might work. Depending on your aesthetic values!

Thanks for that, it was as opponents that I was interested. So looks like they will do - another project to add to the pile

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Subedai

21 March 2018, 07:34:05 PM #3 Last Edit: 21 March 2018, 07:36:21 PM by Subedai
I have Irregular, H&R and Rapier 6mm and would really only mix units of H&R and Rapier in the same army -I have Macedonian Companions from Rapier in with my H&R chaps and they look fine. In all my 25+ Irregular armies I wouldn't mix Rapier with any of them.  

As to mixing with Baccus, I would say you might get away with it but if I'm not mistaken Baccus are a tad on the large 6mm size, more likely 8mm.

Just read your response and I would say that if you kept the base sizes the same across the two armies it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Ithoriel

Having dug out some of my Sumerian era stuff Baccus and Rapier are pretty much identical in height and build. H&R are both smaller and slighter than either of those. The odd Irregular 6mm figures I have are similar height to the first two but much less defined, bit too blobby for my taste but friends have some that look fine painted up, at tabletop distance.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Yes my Irregular 6mm does look very nice painted, but when you look at the castings you do wonde how they look so good painted.

Thanks all of you