SYW Suggestions

Started by YORSTONS, 16 November 2010, 08:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YORSTONS

Hi Leon,

Any chance of some (i just no this will be wrong) Arquibsiers De Grassin for the SYW, everyone else seems to have some sort of light infantry except the French.

Also some general purpose 19th century wagons and perhaps a ambulance.

Zbigniew

17 November 2010, 10:56:26 AM #1 Last Edit: 17 November 2010, 10:58:40 AM by Zbigniew
Quote from: YORSTONS on 16 November 2010, 08:55:01 AM
Hi Leon,

Any chance of some (i just no this will be wrong) Arquibsiers De Grassin for the SYW, everyone else seems to have some sort of light infantry except the French.

Also some general purpose 19th century wagons and perhaps a ambulance.

For Arquibsiers De Grassin you can try Russian pandours with French command. I have made Fischer's Chasseurs this way (I can post a photo this evening if you wish)

lentulus

Quote from: Zbigniew on 17 November 2010, 10:56:26 AM
For Arquibsiers De Grassin you can try Russian pandours with French command. I have made Fischer's Chasseurs this way (I can post a photo this evening if you wish)

I'd like to see that, please.

Zbigniew

Wkeyser

Hi I know there are grenzers but they are "skirmishing" how about some with port arms or just firing, but with out the cape. They where more often than not used as line troops during battles, the petit Guerre saw them "skrimishing".

Thanks
William

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I think that the SYW Russian pandours do not have the cloak - a post under SYW pandours and grenzers noted:  "The poses of Pandours are almost the same [as the Grenzers] with the exeptions [sic]:
1. dudes dont have cloaks
2. commander figure has sabre and pistol instead of musket"

In the SYW grenz battalions were not, as far as I am aware, used as formed troops - they were trained to be able to fight in formal order after the SYW.  Where they took part in larger actions in the SYW they generally held broken ground (e.g. Lobosch Hill). 

Regards

Edward

Wkeyser

Hi
If you look at the battle of Moys in 57 they are formed and attack up the hill against Prussian Grenadiers. I think Duffy also talks about their use as formed troops but will check that again. I am not sure what is actually meant by Skrimish as we gamers usually equate that with Napoleonic, which is even then often off the mark. I will do some reasearch into this but am pretty sure that they where used as formed troops but had the ability to hold "rough" ground, but it seems to me that I recall even this was done formed, but I might be wrong and will go back to Duffys Instrument of War the bible for Austrians of the SYW.

Thanks for the tip on the Russians.

William