Uhandiwork 2018

Started by Leman, 15 March 2018, 03:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

15 March 2018, 03:56:52 PM Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 04:00:57 PM by Leman
My next FPW battle requires a unit of both French engineers and Prussian pioneers. I had neither of these units, but did have some generic engineer figures. However, I did not want a complete unit of men wielding picks and shovels. I also wanted figures that looked a little different from the standard FPW infantry. I looked through the lead pile and decided to use for most of the Prussians the marching figure in feldmutze, and for the French the early WWI marching figure; the French I assumed would be a little more casual in their marching attitude. So far the French are completed and the Prussians just need their bases finishing off, so here are the French engineers:

And some chasseurs it would appear......anyway,

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Artillery crews are quite useful for Engineers.

Leman

For the French my sources state that they wore the infantry greatcoat without the epaulettes - the WWI chaps fit the bill quite well. The engineers and pioneers were also trained to fight so I did not want the whole unit in working mode, just one base in each four base unit.

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Nice little vignette, Leman. Well done! My first impulse was the pick and shovel guys are building an officers' latrine (you know - with a fancy brick privacy wall  :))
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Really nice.

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Your thread title sounds like a hitherto-unknown Zulu battle!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Leman

Quote from: d_Guy on 15 March 2018, 05:14:52 PM
Nice little vignette, Leman. Well done! My first impulse was the pick and shovel guys are building an officers' latrine (you know - with a fancy brick privacy wall  :))
There's a story behind this: I am in the process of making a walled and gated chateau using the Pendraken tall walls, but with 6mm buildings. Unfortunately the lengths of wall, when connected to the corner pieces are too long for my model, so I shortened them, leaving me with some bits for the spares box. Then I remembered the painting showing French engineers using their axes to loophole a chateau wall, so thought a bit of spare wall would make a nice little vignette. I'm now considering having a removable wall section in the chateau to allow for this.

Terry37

Great and creative approach. I must keep it in mind.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Great thinking, that man =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Yeah.  I love these.  The ones going to work on that wall, especially.