Action Man advert

Started by Steve J, 15 March 2018, 03:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Did you see the really eerie Trivago adverts from the Tube?

The Trivago woman was on EVERY BILLBOARD staring at you, watching, in a way Cambridge Analytica or the Chinese Communist party could only dream of...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Raider4

Quote from: Leman on 09 April 2018, 11:46:45 AM
. . . although Topcat having a conversation with a Yorkshire lass is a bit strange.

Is she Yorkshire though? I'm reliably informed that she used to be in something called 'Brookside', playing Anna Friel's little sister?

Raider4

Quote from: toxicpixie on 09 April 2018, 01:28:28 PM
The Trivago woman was on EVERY BILLBOARD . . .

Well, that matches with the TV advertising then, as she appears to be on in every single break.

Leman

Here's a few ideas: Billy bunter advertising reduced sugar drinks; the Man from Uncle advertising dry cleaning; the Baxter's Soup Dragon; Noggin the Nog does the Fjords Cruise; Ivor the Engine advertising the Great Little Trains of Wales; The Bagpuss mice advertising energy drinks.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Norm

Just play the Trumpton Town tune and I will give you my money :)

toxicpixie

Damnit Norm, now my mind is humming Trumpton Riots :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

The advert using Windy Miller was particularly good.

Leman

And if I remember correctly, there was a Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew advert as well. My brother thinks In the Night Garden is an advert for LSD.

toxicpixie

Mate of mine has a very bleak outlook on Night Garden. He thinks IgglePiggle is a ship wrecked sailor, adrift on the ocean, dying of thirst and exposure, and the Night Garden is his comforting hallucination! I think the LSD theory is probably correct, mind :D

Dave Fielder

Very clever advertising because people are talking about it, love it or hate it the advert works. Besides nothing wrong with the YMCA ... said the Royal Marine  ;)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Raider4

Quote from: Subedai on 01 April 2018, 02:13:59 PM
. . . I felt a little disappointed when the Flintstones and Top Cat were used for the same purpose.

and now they've co-opted the Wizard of Oz, inserting some banker* into scenes from the film.

* Feel free to replace the 'b' with another letter . . .

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

NO That's another bloody yankism, it's TANKEE. GET IT RIGHT YOU TOTAL OIK
IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Must be "canker" then?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

So that's what youse is sufferin afrom nobby
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021