Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
11 July 2020, 05:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The Greeks and Persians have been released!
303281 Posts in 17753 Topics by 2247 Members
Latest Member: Adamwest
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  New Figure Previews
| | |-+  Previous Years' Previews
| | | |-+  2019 Previews
| | | | |-+  Next batch of Indian Mutiny sculpts!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next batch of Indian Mutiny sculpts!  (Read 7663 times)
Jim Ando
Captain

« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2018, 01:23:09 PM »

Hi
Very nice. But and its a small but, concerning the small muskets that all the figures on all the new ranges are carrying. I imagine that its to help in the casting or to stop them bending. I do like a proper sized musket on my figures though. The old ranges muskets were mostly the right size.
Jim
Ace of Spades
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2018, 06:56:57 AM »

Oh wow!

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Dannyboy
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #17 on: 06 March 2018, 11:36:02 PM »

Beautiful figures but my initial feeling was the same, muskets are way too short, and please if one fig has bayonet fixed can all figs have attached bayonets, it was a command not a choice to fix bayonets after all. A small point that can hopefully be resolved before casting, otherwise lovely figures.

Best of luck with the release.
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2018, 07:41:11 AM »

Good point on the bayonets.

Itís much easier to remove them at the painting stage, than to try to add them.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!
Ace of Spades
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2018, 01:43:17 PM »

Seconded!

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Jim Ando
Captain

« Reply #20 on: 08 March 2018, 07:41:37 AM »

If you take the bayonets off there isnt much left to be honest.
Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #21 on: 08 March 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

I think I must be alone in my dislike of fixed bayonets on 10/6mm figures. They bend and fall off anyway. Much prefer a robust figure to play with even if it may be a little historically incorrect. Best example I can think of is Prussian infantry in the FPW who always had fixed bayonets. I am forever having to straighten out my Pendrakens at the start of a game (those that havenít already fallen off). A mate of mine has quite a few MM FPWs, and they lose bayonets, swords, standard poles, heads, snap off at the ankles etc. The Red Eagle (nee Wargames South) are a bit chunkier and lack bayonets but are remarkably robust.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
parkerm17
Cadet

« Reply #22 on: 21 April 2018, 09:25:17 AM »

Looking at the sculpts for the Naval Brigade I see that they are all armed with muskets to fight as infantry - no cutlass' even though they were standard issue for landing and boarding parties through to C20.   I then had a check through the catalogue and was surprised to see that none of the ranges through from the Crimean War to the Boer War have naval landing parties for manning cannon, although that was the primary duty of sailors when landed - do you remember the Field Gun Competition at the Royal Tournament?   That was based on a real event in the Boer War.   A single pack of figures in loose dress with Sennet hats would be useful for colonial conflicts over a half century.
GrumpyOldMan
Brigadier

I'm all ears!!

« Reply #23 on: 21 April 2018, 11:01:56 PM »

Looking at the sculpts for the Naval Brigade I see that they are all armed with muskets to fight as infantry - no cutlass' even though they were standard issue for landing and boarding parties through to C20.   I then had a check through the catalogue and was surprised to see that none of the ranges through from the Crimean War to the Boer War have naval landing parties for manning cannon, although that was the primary duty of sailors when landed - do you remember the Field Gun Competition at the Royal Tournament?   That was based on a real event in the Boer War.   A single pack of figures in loose dress with Sennet hats would be useful for colonial conflicts over a half century.

Hello parkerm17

While not Sennet hats, the French FPW has naval artillery crew that can stand in other nations with just a quick amputation of the 'cherry'  Cheesy.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan
parkerm17
Cadet

« Reply #24 on: 23 April 2018, 08:08:44 AM »

Many thanks but the loose smocks were very different from this sort of blue uniform and the hats are very distinctive in hot weather campaigns, so I will have to live in hope.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #25 on: 23 April 2018, 07:27:24 PM »

The naval crews man the Boer war 12pdr and 4.7 inch gun BW8 and 9

Dave

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: