15mm Franco-Prussian and 6mm Napoleonic battles

Started by sunjester, 13 March 2018, 09:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

At the last Tring Wargames Club games day, we played a Franco-Prussian War battle using the Fire and Furia Francese amendments for Fire and Fury (produced by the Wyre Forest Wargamers).

It pitted 3 Prussian Corps against the equivalent of two French ones. The Prussian objectives were to maintain control of the bridges across the river and seize the road junction at the French table edge. The French had a choice either to Attack, in which case the objectives were the bridges, or to Defend, where the objective was to hold the road exit. If the chose the latter then and units from the off-table reserve that was destroyed, would count against their victory point total. After a brief debate, the French commanders decided to defend.

On another table was a superb refight of Borodino in 6mm. More pictures and AAR on the blog http://tringwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/games-day-10th-march.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

toxicpixie

That looks good fun :)

I'm tempted to dig out FFF/MBuE for some lower level stuff than BBB covers, but we're still halfway through losing the Crimean War still ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Two great looking games there. The Russian scenery was particularly impressive.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

Thank's chaps!

Chris' 6mm Black Powder games do look impressive, even the smaller club night ones.