All of the Korean War sculpts!

Started by Leon, 10 March 2018, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

10 March 2018, 11:30:06 PM Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 03:10:31 PM by Leon
We've had the final batch of sculpts through for our upcoming Korean War range and here they all are!  The 165 sculpts here will be going into master moulds next month and then we can start organising production moulds for them.  We're going to be sorting out the artillery pieces and mortars as well, so no worries there.  This is shaping up to be a rather large and comprehensive range, so I hope people are looking forward to it!

I've put all of the images here for the full range, including those we've previewed previously, just so that they're all in one place.

British

In tropical kit

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing / Kneeling, firing / Advancing with Bren MG:

Prone, firing rifle / Prone, firing Bren MG / Vickers HMG with loader:

Officer (tropical) / Radio team x 2 / Mortar crew x 2 / Throwing grenade:

M20 Bazooka with loader / Casualty:

In cap comforter

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing / Kneeling, firing:

Prone, firing rifle / Vickers HMG with loader:

Advancing with sten / firing Bren MG / M20 Bazooka with loader / Officer (winter) / Officer (Commando):

Art crew x 4 / Officer (tropical):

Commandos

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing rifle / Standing, firing SMG / Kneeling, firing:

Officers (Commando) / Officer (Winter) / Firing Browning:

Prone, firing rifle / M20 Bazooka with loader / Tank commander:

Artillery crew x 4 / Radio Operator / Firing BAR:

Chinese

In tunic and cap

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing / Standing, firing SMG / Kneeling, firing:

Prone, firing rifle / Prone, firing DP LMG / Model 92 MG with loader / Casualty:

Officers x 2 / Bugler / Radio Operator / Mortar crew x 2 / Throwing grenade:

Artillery crew x 4:

In winter gear

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing / Standing, firing SMG / Kneeling, firing / Officers x 2 / Throwing grenade:

Artillery crew x 4:

North Korean (KPA)

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Advancing with LMG / Standing, firing rifle / Standing, firing carbine / Firing SMG / Kneeling, firing:

Officers x 2 / Radio Operator / Mortar crew x 2 / Throwing grenade:

Prone, firing rifle / Prone, firing LMG / Casualty / Tank Commander:

Artillery crew x 4 / With PPSH41 'burp' gun:

South Korean (ROK)

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing rifle / Standing, firing carbine / Firing SMG / Kneeling, firing:

Officers x 2 / Radio Operator / Throwing grenade / Throwing satchel:

Prone, firing rifle / Casualty:

Artillery crew x 4 / Prone, firing Browning:

US

In early kit

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Advancing with BAR / Standing, firing rifle / Standing, firing carbine / Firing SMG / Kneeling, firing:

Prone firing rifle / Prone firing BAR / .30 Browning with loader:

Officers x 2 / Radio Operator / Mortar crew x 2:

M20 Bazooka with loader / Throwing grenade / Casualty / Tank commander:

Artillery crew x 4:

In winter kit

Advancing with rifle x 2 / Standing, firing rifle / Standing, firing carbine:

Kneeling, firing / Officers x 2 / Sentry in coat:

Artillery crew x 4 / Senior officer:

And that's all of them!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Well done Techno and Sunray!

Nobby shall start saving his pennies, oh yes, he will, all his pennies for the pretty pretties.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

What a great and comprehensive range. Some Cold War shenanigans beckons me-thinks :).

Techno

Thanks, Gang. :-[

And huge thanks also to James for all his help. and Nobby for finding a lot of really useful reference piccies. :)

I'm almost certain that the commando currently marked as 'walking' is the radio op. ('Cos I copied him from a photo. ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil

Sunray

11 March 2018, 08:10:28 AM #7 Last Edit: 11 March 2018, 09:18:56 AM by Sunray
Phil did the magic, I was in the happy position of being part of the creativity. And a BIG thanks to Nobby for his tireless skill in sourcing images from my memory of scanning through thousands of Korean war pics. "Its the Chinese officer in fur collar standing in front of a tent with a stove pipe"

When Leon and I discussed the potential of this range, almost two years ago, our conclusion was that because the 1950s was a transition time in kit and combat dress, the figures should have the maximum mileage in terms of proxy.    From late WW2 to the late 1950s/early 1960s.  The South Korean/US will serve as Latin American, not to mention bush wars.   :)

The range of Senior Officers of all nations is particularly useful and generic.   :)
If the 41 Commando figure is slightly stooped, he is the R/O  8)

Some of these officer chaps in berets will be useful in Falklands - save having to use that artillery figure with the binoculars!    :)

And ....hiding in the last grouping "US Artillery crew" is a unique figure. A French Foreign Legion or Paratrooper Officer.  Phil has accurately sculpted the beret to the "wrong" side to reflect the left hand pull.    His sculpt is good for Free French WW2 to Algeria to Indo China, and even in modern (post 1960) bush wars as the ex-FFO mercenary leaders - Bob Denard or Rolf Steiner ?  :) :)

The early Brits in bush hats will proxy for 14th Army (the army forgotten by figure manufactures), and the KPA summer dress will proxy for most Third World Soviet client groups right up to 1970s Ethiopia. :) :)

I have just one niggle - its to do with a prone pose and the length of 2ft 10" in 1/150, but we will get that hopefully sorted prior to casting.

My congratulations and thanks to  Leon  for this massive contribution to 10mm post ww2 wargming .  These figures  deserve to be best sellers.  

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Techno

Quote from: Womble67 on 11 March 2018, 09:44:04 AM
Very nice indeed
Take
Andy

Where are we taking Andy ? Is there a show everyone's going to today ?  :D ;) (Sorry, Andy. :-[)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Phil get your coat, the ponies can chew it.

Good stuff there....all we need for British 50's Europe is the BAT, Champ, and either Oxford or Cambridge Carrier.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Womble67

Quote from: Techno on 11 March 2018, 10:41:18 AM
Where are we taking Andy ? Is there a show everyone's going to today ?  :D ;) (Sorry, Andy. :-[)

Cheers - Phil

Lol i missed care  :-[

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Ithoriel

I'm already eyeing the Chinese in cap and tunic and thinking they might do at a pinch to pad out my "Fall of Berlin" Volksturm ... if I ever get that project off the ground.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Wow, lots of figures!!

And as mentioned lots of use outside the named period. It would probably be good to mention this in the blurb for each range when they get listed on the website.

One little comment, on the two standing Brits with Brens, the barrels look a little short?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Sunray

Quote from: Ithoriel on 11 March 2018, 02:04:45 PM
I'm already eyeing the Chinese in cap and tunic and thinking they might do at a pinch to pad out my "Fall of Berlin" Volksturm ... if I ever get that project off the ground.

I have used old Wargames South (now with Minifigs ) as Hitler Youth.  They are small stature as was the style with early 10mm