New WWII releases!

Started by Leon, 07 March 2018, 11:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

LOVE the look of the T34 (D?). Great for 1944/45. Sadly, I already have hordes of Takara and conversions or would have gone for a lot.  :(  It has a nice, 'weighty' T34 tank feel to it!.
The 'Mickey Mouse' 1943 (C?) with twin round hatches was more appropriate for Kursk, so, another model would be a winner for many. :)

Not so sure about the M4A2 with large hatch configuration in British service, though hope others with better knowledge will show otherwise. Think NZ may have had these as did USMC in the Pacific. I prefer the small hatch model (BRV16/17) already issued, (although gun a trifle short looking and turret bin looks a bit large). I am swapping track pieces with the cast hull M4A1 with sand skirts for more 'Italy' vehicles...just need a little filing for a fit...although yet another Sherman with rear section of skirts removed, (possibly relocated on top of engine deck...and a 'scoop' under rear hull), would have been more accurate. Turret loader's hatches may be an issue with this...BUT...with Shermans, I am getting a bit 'do what you want to get the 'look'...rather than accuracy.
I chanced upon this site...(Have not looked in depth!)...'rivet counters' beware!!!  ;)
http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/manufacturer/m4a4/m4a4_variants.html
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

T-34 "Mickey Mouse" - hatches shut and "ears" up!!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dr Dave

Besides my banging on about the Morris CDSW, is there a Loyd carrier planned to tow the 6pdr ATG?

Leon

Quote from: Dr Dave on 16 March 2018, 11:27:25 AM
Besides my banging on about the Morris CDSW, is there a Loyd carrier planned to tow the 6pdr ATG?

There's no other vehicles planned at the moment, we've got some revamped Sdkfz 251's and a new Panzer IV model, but nothing scheduled after that.  It'll probably be early 2019 when we sit down and work out what to tick off next.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!