Started by SV52, 06 March 2018, 02:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

Expecting Geronimo weren't ya  :P

Sub continent BC this lot, 1/72 plastics:

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

Was expecting a government convention in Shimla.

Very nice - love the elephants - if I could come up with a reason - no matter how far-fetched - to use them in c. 16/17th Scotland - I would!
I do note that many of the warriors are clad in saffron so.... :-\  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Terry37

Very nice looking army and love the coloring - bright and vibrant.

Bill, Seems one could easily add a mastodon to a Scottish army where they playing HOTT. Makes a great Behemoth!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Very nice, indeed !

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Turmeric is much cheaper. Which is no excuse to try to get away with using it as a proxy spice, but as a dye....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Quote from: Terry37 on 06 March 2018, 04:11:48 PM
Very nice looking army and love the coloring - bright and vibrant.

Bill, Seems one could easily add a mastodon to a Scottish army where they playing HOTT. Makes a great Behemoth!!!

Terry

Not a bad idea,not too bad at all!  In fact - who is to say that in some hidden loch in the far north... it could change the outcome of Flodden!
:D
Sleep with clean hands ...

SV52

Thanks for the comments folks.

The elephants could be lend-lease?

When searching around for possible Indian armies' colour schemes years ago I stumbled across the following:

Red: In Hindu religion, red is of utmost significance and the color most frequently used for auspicious occasions like festivals.
Saffron The most sacred color for the Hindu. Represents fire and symbolizes purity. It is the battle color of the Rajputs, the warrior caste.
Green is a festive color. In Maharashtra - a state in the western region of India - it represents life and happiness. Green stabilizes the mind.
Yellow is the color of knowledge and learning.
White represents purity, cleanliness, peace and knowledge. The Brahmin - the highest social caste - is associated with white. White is also the color of mourning.
Blue The deity who has the qualities of bravery, manliness, determination, the ability to deal with difficult situations, of stable mind and depth of character is represented as blue colored.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

07 March 2018, 01:59:19 AM #9 Last Edit: 07 March 2018, 02:02:44 AM by FierceKitty
Quote from: SV52 on 06 March 2018, 08:04:08 PM
Thanks for the comments folks.

The elephants could be lend-lease?

When searching around for possible Indian armies' colour schemes years ago I stumbled across the following:

Red: In Hindu religion, red is of utmost significance and the color most frequently used for auspicious occasions like festivals.
Saffron The most sacred color for the Hindu. Represents fire and symbolizes purity. It is the battle color of the Rajputs, the warrior caste.
Green is a festive color. In Maharashtra - a state in the western region of India - it represents life and happiness. Green stabilizes the mind.
Yellow is the color of knowledge and learning.
White represents purity, cleanliness, peace and knowledge. The Brahmin - the highest social caste - is associated with white. White is also the color of mourning.
Blue The deity who has the qualities of bravery, manliness, determination, the ability to deal with difficult situations, of stable mind and depth of character is represented as blue colored.

Useful info, but DO bear in mind, all - India has been on the go for a very long time, and these things do change over the years.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}