Operation Goodwood - a BKCII campaign game

Started by Steve J, 02 March 2018, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

An AAR of the opening game based upon Operation Goodwood, using BKCII rules. Details of what happened, OOB etc can be found below:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/operation-goodwood-bkcii-campaign.html

An some pics of the game:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report, just needed the preliminary Lancaster bombardment!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Great AAR of a very nice looking game. I look forward to the next one!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

Good stuff.  :-bd

(Look forward to the replay when you've painted up the extra anti-tank stuff and armour.  :) )
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Norm

Enjoyed the AAR. agree that a bit of research and doing link games for a campaign, brings a richer gaming experience, something that it seems I had forgotten over time and am only just re-discovering.

Shedman

Techno

Steve J

Glad you like it chaps :).

@ Lemmey. I have some Lancaster models, bought IIRC, for this very operation. However they were not used on the extreme flank. Given that the 25 pdrs were pretty effective, I dread to think what damage the Lancaster might have wrought!

@ Norm. Definitely much more fun have a linked series of games, that certainly delivers a better gaming experience. I also love the research side to it.

sunjester

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

T13A

Hi Steve

Excellent report, looking forward to further episodes. I have not been playing BKC lately mainly I guess because of waiting for the new revised edition to come out. I just hope that that it retains the enjoyment of the original.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Steve J

@T13A. I'm sure all involved want the revised edition to be as good as, if not better than, BKCII. There are some good ideas in BKCIII, they have been overshadowed though by the issues already mentioned.

I'm hoping to get the next installment onto the table in the next week or so, assuming I can get the painting required finished by then.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Campaigns definitely add a different dimension to games. I'm looking forward to seeing this one evolve :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!