Aztecs released!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2018, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

02 March 2018, 06:48:37 PM Last Edit: 02 March 2018, 06:52:20 PM by Leon
With the recent weather here in the UK, many of you may be considering sacrificing a close friend or family member to the fire-god Huehueteotl...  So to help you scratch that itch, we've got some Aztecs!

These have been a long-term project and are the result of endless requests, nudges and downright pestering by our Forum's own Fierce Kitty.  But credit where credit's due, he's provided all of the help and guidance as we worked through the range and his efforts have now been rewarded!

The Aztecs were a Mesoamerican culture in central Mexico from 1300 until 1521. For most of this period the various tribes fought amongst each other until the arrival of the Spanish in 1517, leading to a short period of conflict and ultimately the conquest of the indigenous population by the European colonists.

Aztecs - https://pendraken.co.uk/renaissance/aztecs/
AZT1   Command
AZT2   Jaguar warriors/Tzitzimitl
AZT3   Eagle warriors
AZT4   Quachic fanatic veterans
AZT5   Tequihuah veterans
AZT6   Huaxtec warriors/Priests
AZT7   Commoners
AZT8   Commoners with bow (15)    £2.65
AZT9   Commoners with slings (15)   £2.65
AZT10   Commoners with baggage (10)   £1.75
AZT11   Chief of Men (2)   £0.85
AZT12   Tzilacatzin, Warrior champion (1)   £0.55
AZT13   Mixed backbanners (15 pieces)   £2.50
Army Pack – Contains 2 x AZT7. 1 x AZT2, AZT3, AZT4, AZT6, AZT13. ½ x AZT1 - £33.00

And some pics of course:

AZT2 - Jaguar warriors/Tzitzimitl

AZT3 - Eagle Warriors

AZT4 - Quachic fanatic veterans

AZT6 - Huaxtec warriors/Priests

AZT7 - Commoners

AZT13 - Backbanners

We've got some more releases coming soon, as well as some more previews for the Indian Mutiny range.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

:o :o :o

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Those back banners are going to allow a lot of variety
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Nice!!

Who would carry / wear the back banners?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

quasar42

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 02 March 2018, 07:22:14 PM
Who would carry / wear the back banners?

I've edited the product listing to include the info that FK sent us:

These backbanners were worn by everyone except the commoners (who would probably have been executed if they had!) They were enormously varied, possibly relying on individual preference.

So there's a lot of scope for homemade banners as well if people fancy a challenge!

Quote from: quasar42 on 02 March 2018, 07:24:42 PM
Great news. Ordered.

Thanks for that, we'll get those sorted out!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Well, I have to admire those sculpts.

Well done, Techno.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

The sculpts look superb, but way beyond my painting skills or patience.

I look forward to seeing some of FKS when he has painted them. I am sure they will look stunning en-masse.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

They deserve to sell a veritable shed load!

Lovely sculpts.

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Shall be sending in my order the minute my Minoans and Thracians are done. Those look first class. :)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 03 March 2018, 12:16:16 AM
Shall be sending in my order the minute my Minoans and Thracians are done. Those look first class. :)

Glad you like them!

8)

Aksu

Well, that is the first item on the Salute pre-order list right there. Sorted :)
Time to dust off my Codex Mendoza reprint and lists of aztec shield patterns.
Cheers,
Aksu

Techno

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

03 March 2018, 07:29:27 PM #14 Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 08:17:08 PM by Leon
Oooo Delilah!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting