Aztecs released!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2018, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Thanks for the quick edit Leon! Getting the brackets right on the phone is an utter arse :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: toxicpixie on 03 March 2018, 09:05:47 PM
Thanks for the quick edit Leon! Getting the brackets right on the phone is an utter arse :D

I think it didn't like the Size brackets being on the outside, so I transferred them to the middle and it seemed to work.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 March 2018, 12:41:06 PM
Why, Why, Why
Quote from: toxicpixie on 03 March 2018, 07:29:27 PM
Oooo Delilah!

That should bring the house down!! :)

I'll get my own coat before Nobby chews is - last time he complained of the taste
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

DanJ

That's my next project sorted, they look brilliant.

Does any one know a good set of rules?

Techno

I'm sure Kitty will have the relevant info.

...And thank you. :-[

Cheers - Phil

ErHo

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

d_Guy

Thanks for the pic, ErHo! That's how I feel about it. After working vigously to finish various things, I have just now ordered. yay!

Thanks also to Phil for what looks  to be exceptional sculpts, Leon for believing in the range, and Kitty for, well, for being Kitty.  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leon

Quote from: d_Guy on 08 March 2018, 09:17:37 PM
Thanks for the pic, ErHo! That's how I feel about it. After working vigously to finish various things, I have just now ordered. yay!

Thanks also to Phil for what looks  to be exceptional sculpts, Leon for believing in the range, and Kitty for, well, for being Kitty.  :)

Thanks for the order, we'll get those sorted and out to you asap!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: d_Guy on 08 March 2018, 09:17:37 PM

Any time, any time. I'm looking forward to comparing pix and lists, and in time AAR.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

urbancohort

Perusing the forum after a bit of a sabbatical, my eye was offended by a new range of "Aztecs" in the Renaissance section wherein one obtains one's LOA stuff. So whilst I have no intention of sidetracking into creating another spur to the burgeoning metal mountain, one IS moved to ask what flipping rules you'd use to play an Aztec army? I imagine normal renaissancerules wouldn't cut it?
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

toxicpixie

L'Art de la Guerre gives a good game with a nice "feel", I'm told, certainly within period (it's a DBx evolution with understandable and straightforward mechanisms, with each unit having 2-4 hits, from 10-12 units on a small game game up to three dozen on the biggest size).

The Meso-American lists are apparently competitive out of period too if you know what you're doing and can do it well, but a dud otherwise :)

Whilst I love AdlG as a game, it suffers the same as most "pointy stick, tin pants" sets and covers 3000 years and the entire globe in one set. Works as a game superbly and does give right feeling ish results, but it's not very simulationist or period specific - I suspect many would want more tightly focused rules with more "period chrome"...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Every dark ages gamer these days goes in for cattle or other livestock raids. I really can't think that it will be so difficult to play Mexicans as if a medieval or pike-and-shot army with extra provision for taking prisoners.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

urbancohort

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 March 2018, 10:35:22 AM
Every dark ages gamer these days goes in for cattle or other livestock raids. I really can't think that it will be so difficult to play Mexicans as if a medieval or pike-and-shot army with extra provision for taking prisoners.
I must say I'd fancy an 'Intra-Aztec' campaign more than a Conquistador vs Aztec one (147 mounted Spanish versus an Aztec army, massive loss to latter, not metioning teh huge no of Aztec enemies allied to the Spanish of course). Ancient rules might seem to cut that one. Yes, I believe mush Meso-American pre-Columbian warfare was to acquire prisoners to sacrifice so you'd need to build that in somehow... Unless Fierce Kitty knows better. (Incidentally, a campaign worthy of the Ancient Republican Romans themselves to get this range. Well done! You got Carthage destroyed in the end)

No, what am I saying... No, no, no, I have already way too many projects on the go
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....