Fantastic 6mm waterloo series

Started by Norm, 28 February 2018, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Fellow blogger is doing an amazing 6mm waterloo game, great visuals and AAR.

I am doing the link via my own blog simply so that the post starts to show in my top 6 posts, which will increase the life this exposure to Jon Bleasdale's efforts as all visitors to my many directly linked articles will be able to pick it up.

Link
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/the-battle-of-waterloo-in-6mm.html

Subedai

Been following it on BookFace. Excellent piece of work and just goes to show how visually effective 6mm can be...not as effective as 10mm of course, but close.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Steve J

Thanks for the 'heads up' Norm. Certainly stunning work and really gives you an idea of the battlefield, which is unusual.

Poggle

His set up is a thing of beauty!  :o

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Inspirational =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for the heads up Norm
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

He has a fantastic looking game there.

Techno

Absolutely splendid !!! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Looks brilliant as a diorama, but not something I would want to play with that much on the table - cabbaged brain and knackered back.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

What a magnificent obsession and what an epic display! And I've only looked at Part 1 ....!

He's right about the emotion visiting the battlefield. I recall my own excitement when I visited the battlefield and its environs some 20 years back. My last memory of that all too brief visit was standing alone in awe beside La Haye Sainte (the family had had enough and were sitting in the car!) and imagining the drama that went on around the taking of that farm. Must try to go back some time!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Matt J

I think this is what its all about, excellent stuff something to aspire to
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

cameronian

I'm not sure about the ground scale, think he might have shrunk the board a bit, however not to be churlish, it looks stunning.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

paulr

He does note that he had to squeeze the field a little east - west to get in everything he wanted

Seems a reasonable trade off
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!