I dun a Techno!

Started by sunjester, 27 February 2018, 11:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Thanks for the kind words chaps!

Orcs: Yes it does get me out of washing up, but apparently I don't need that finger for cooking!  =)
(At least I can ask someone else to do the chopping) X_X

Orcs

Quote from: sunjester on 01 March 2018, 08:39:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words chaps!

Orcs: Yes it does get me out of washing up, but apparently I don't need that finger for cooking!  =)
(At least I can ask someone else to do the chopping) X_X

I was right (for once) you got no sympathy, when you were doing your best to be a good husband and help your wife. 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

Mrs SJ was looking over my shoulder when I was reading this thread! She said "Who's that Orcs?"   ???  >:(

You might be in trouble on Tuesday......or she might have forgotten!  :-S

Orcs

Quote from: sunjester on 03 March 2018, 09:28:33 AM
Mrs SJ was looking over my shoulder when I was reading this thread! She said "Who's that Orcs?"   ???  >:(

You might be in trouble on Tuesday......or she might have forgotten!  :-S

Me in trouble with Mrs SJ , nothing new there then. Bron might be after me too after my mail with the snowman picture.  still Daisy will talk to me
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Let me start by saying I'm substantially OK.

Went to a local  burger joint (Indigo Yard) with a friend for lunch. Nice meal if not as hot as we'd have liked and served a little slowly - may be a connection there!

Then on to Cineworld to see A Wrinkle In Time but while waiting to get a ticket I suddenly felt weird and seconds later crashed to the floor smacking my head on the floor. This was just after 3pm.

Staff and punters in Cineworld were great. Ambulance summoned 3:20-ish. Arrived just after half past. Spent a bit of time checking me over and trundled me to the Infirmary where we arrived about 4:45. Very busy in A&E so much waiting around. Blood tests, CT scan, ECG, etc showed nothing untoward . Well nothing we didn't already know about. So bump and bruise on the back of my bonce seems to be the extent of the damage. Finally discharged about 10:30 - 11pm and home by taxi.

My companion got back here, to pick up their car, half an hour earlier as they'd left on being told I'd be kept in overnight, half an hour before I was discharged, so TWO twenty quid taxi fares!

Not how I'd envisioned my day going when I got up!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hell nuts! Hope you're okay
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Bugger, I hope you are feeling better soon

The real pain will not be knowing what caused it
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Glad you were not overly damaged when gravity took over! Nasty business. Take care, Ithoriel.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

FierceKitty

Hang in there, as the executioner said.  ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

24 March 2018, 07:12:44 AM #24 Last Edit: 24 March 2018, 07:39:37 AM by fsn
Lawks!  Did they say why you went over?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I second Nobby's question.

Hope you're OK, and feeling better today, Mike..

Best wishes - Phil

sunjester

Ditto the other's concerns. I hope everything is OK.

Mind you, our little 18-year-old poodle had a sudden seizure a little while back, which lasted a couple of minutes. By the time we got her to the emergency vet she was a right as rain, they ran various tests and haven't got a clue what caused it! You are not part poodle are you.

Westmarcher

Ithoriel. Poodle.

Collar too tight? Same brand of dog biscuits? Possibilities are endless.

[Shockarooney, Mike!  :o Hope you have a swift recovery & they soon get to the bottom of this mystery]
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fred.

Hope all is good.

Perhaps just a dodgy burger?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Lots of dodgy burgers owt der
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021