Early war German code GRF4

Started by old smokie, 25 February 2018, 05:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old smokie

is the early war German code GRF4 carrying an Mg34 ?, can't tell from the picture

petercooman

as it's called "Early war MG34" i would guess they are  :)

old smokie

Quoteas it's called "Early war MG34" i would guess they are

Yeah well, but can't see it in the picture

John Cook

petercooman

To me it looks like they are standing, with the gun resting on the ground, holding it along his body. Definately has the shape of an mg 34 (for me)

petercooman

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

old smokie

thanks Ithoriel thats a better picture  :)

Orcs

It would be nice to have a more animated MG34 team for the Germans. Firing using the number 2 as a support etc
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ace of Spades

I just got my early war Germans and I ordered some GRF12 for the MG-43 firing poses.
Maybe a paintjob on the puttees will suffice otherwise a file and some green stuff will quickly turn them into jack boots.

I will have a bit more work on my HMG though since there seems to be no mg-34 on tripod which would have been welcome for early war. Still; fixing the mg-42 I got will not be too much of a challenge either.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dr Dave

I simply cut the barrel off the MG42 and replaced it with some cylindrical plastic rod, filed a groove around the business end to give it that MG34 look and all done. I needed mine for North Africa.

Ace of Spades

That was roughly the idee indeed... ;)

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!