BKC 3 revised - proposal of book re-distribution

Started by BeeKiller, 22 February 2018, 10:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeKiller

Dear Pendraken staff,

I've been told by a hobby distributor that the revised ruleset is going to be released in a few weeks (at last!)  I supose he refered to the revised version.

A part of being great news, I thought that you may want to used the local distribution channel to send those books bought by former BKC3 buyers, so you'll save a lot on postage.  The idea would be something like:
1) sum up of physical BKC3 book buyers
2) mail them if they would be able to get the book from a local hobby shop, and if so which ones
3) see the feasibility to send the books to that local hobby shops or distributors that Pendraken work with those shops
4) agree with the customer that way of sending

Also attendance to some UK conventions would be a way to distribute them "by hand".

I know it is not my business, but just wanted to propose some measures to reduce the economic impact of BKC3 v1 mess on Pendraken.

What does anyone else think?

Leon

Quote from: BeeKiller on 22 February 2018, 10:32:01 AM
I've been told by a hobby distributor that the revised ruleset is going to be released in a few weeks (at last!)  I supose he refered to the revised version.

I'm not sure which hobby distributor that is, but I'm afraid BKC-III isn't going to be ready for its re-release in the next few weeks.  The revision group are currently working through all of the feedback that was raised on the Forum during the initial release and then they'll start to work out the best course of action for each issue.  We're looking at a timescale of 3-6 months for that work to be completed and then we can send out the revised version to a few other groups/individuals for further feedback before we finalise everything and get ready for print.

Once we get closer to that point we'll start looking at the options for getting everyone's replacement sets out to them.  If several folks are in the same area and would be happy to collect it from a single location, we can certainly sort that out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 22 February 2018, 11:38:14 PM
I'm not sure which hobby distributor that is, but I'm afraid BKC-III isn't going to be ready for its re-release in the next few weeks.  The revision group are currently working through all of the feedback that was raised on the Forum during the initial release and then they'll start to work out the best course of action for each issue.  We're looking at a timescale of 3-6 months for that work to be completed and then we can send out the revised version to a few other groups/individuals for further feedback before we finalise everything and get ready for print.

Once we get closer to that point we'll start looking at the options for getting everyone's replacement sets out to them.  If several folks are in the same area and would be happy to collect it from a single location, we can certainly sort that out.

Do we really have to send the book back? My name is in it, i want to keep it  ;D ;D

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 23 February 2018, 12:04:44 AM
Do we really have to send the book back? My name is in it, i want to keep it  ;D ;D

We'll need some of it back even if it's just the cover!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dr Dave

Quote from: Leon on 22 February 2018, 11:38:14 PM
The revision group are currently working through all of the feedback...   We're looking at a timescale of 3-6 months for that... then we can send out the revised version to a few other groups/individuals for further feedback before we finalise everything and get ready for print.

So it should be ready by the end of the Summer?

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 23 February 2018, 12:47:09 AM
We'll need some of it back even if it's just the cover!

Now seriously, do you need to send it back I you bought it on pre order with you guys? I thought it was only as proof when you bought it at a show?

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 23 February 2018, 06:40:57 AM
Now seriously, do you need to send it back I you bought it on pre order with you guys? I thought it was only as proof when you bought it at a show?

Originally it was only going to be the show guys who had to send us some proof, but we've had a few chats with other people/companies and I'm a little worried about the original books staying intact in circulation, being sold on eBay, passed to other club members, etc. and causing confusion down the line.  We wouldn't want anyone buying a set on eBay thinking that they were the correct version and then they'd come to us with complaints. 

We'll be making some changes to the cover so that it's clear which is the revised version, but it's better to take the old ones out of circulation if possible.

BeeKiller

Dear all.
I'm sorry about the confussion but there is a game called Blitzkrieg going out, not BKC...

Anyway thx for the answer and how can we apply to form part of the the beta testers?

Thx

old smokie

What happens if you have lost your copy ?

I loaned mine to someone and never got it back  >:(

Leon

Quote from: BeeKiller on 23 February 2018, 03:23:05 PM
Anyway thx for the answer and how can we apply to form part of the the beta testers?

if you drop us an email we can have a chat about that.

Quote from: old smokie on 23 February 2018, 03:26:37 PM
What happens if you have lost your copy ?

I loaned mine to someone and never got it back  >:(

You're OK Andy, we'll take your word for that!  Tell us who's got it and we'll send the boys round...!

:D

slugbalancer

Leon, can we bring our copies to Salute for decommissioning?

Leon

Quote from: slugbalancer on 23 February 2018, 04:12:21 PM
Leon, can we bring our copies to Salute for decommissioning?

Yep, no worries, we can take the copy back and grab your address for posting out the replacement.

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 23 February 2018, 03:00:50 PM

We'll be making some changes to the cover so that it's clear which is the revised version, but it's better to take the old ones out of circulation if possible.

With you on that, although I never sell on any books. What about just writing "obsolete" on the cover in permanent marker and sending a picture through? Just a thougt on saving some hassle!

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 23 February 2018, 05:20:00 PM
With you on that, although I never sell on any books. What about just writing "obsolete" on the cover in permanent marker and sending a picture through? Just a thougt on saving some hassle!

That could work.   8)