In Memoriam Albie Bach

Started by sunjester, 20 February 2018, 08:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Yesterday I sadly attended the funeral of Colin Lambert, known on this forum as Albie Bach.

Colin had been a long term member of the Tring Wargames Club. Listening to the eulogy I was glad that he and his wife, Lynne, had been able to make decisions about their work life balance that enabled them to devote time to doing the things they loved together. As someone else who stepped off the corporate treadmill long ago, I was crucially reminded that life is precious and to be able to spend time doing what you love, with the people you love, is the most precious gift of all.

Colin was a genuinely nice guy and a good friend, I think I speak for everyone at the club when I say he will be sorely missed.

Steve J

A sad loss but I'm glad that he and his wife had been able to sort out their work/life balance in advance. This is something that my wife and I are in the process of doing, for the very reasons you have stated.

Ithoriel

Sad news. My condolences to family and friends.

Never met him but my memory of his posts here are of brevity, common sense and friendliness punctuated by the glorious "Fighting the Great Patriotic War ..." batreps. Not a bad way to be remembered.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

My condolences!

The work-life balance with us is in a very bad proportion as well. That's why i'm on parental leave for the moment. And although it stretches the meagre budget even more, you can get everything back in life, exept for time lost with the ones you love!

Nick the Lemming

my condolences, he was a decent bloke on here.

Techno

My condolences to family and friends.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Lovely way to remember someone.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Too soon. But as stated, comforting to note he and his wife made some inroads into improving their work-life balance and getting some quality time together. As they say, do you live to work or work to live?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

A sad loss, but also good to hear that he was able to enjoy what he loved most.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Condolences to family & friends, good to hear they had managed to devote time to doing the things they loved together
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Thanks for sharing your remembrance and condolences to you, family, and friends.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

FierceKitty

timor mortis conturbat me. Sympathy.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Poggle